Hi

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Paul Abrams, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Paul Abrams

Paul Abrams Active Member

Hmm, all right, maybe I'll keep it.

2. 10DYRT

10DYRT Full Access Member

If you remove it there will be a gap under the car possibly affecting he way the engine cooling system designed and also I believe the ducting is there to help cool the front brakes.

IntimidatorRT likes this.
  3. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

Plus it will look awkward as hell too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Paul Abrams

Paul Abrams Active Member

Will it really look that bad? I'm trying to find a picture of one without a spoiler as an example, but I'm actually having a hard time; I keep thinking I've found one, and then looking closer and seeing that there IS a spoiler, but, being black, blends into the background. I was thinking it would look like they do before I notice there's a spoiler there.

Anyway, you guys convinced me not to remove it outright, but what about something like this instead (edit: oh hey I think that's the same car as the one in the site header)? "MDP" style, they call it, apparently. Or will that still be bad for cooling?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  5. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

I have seen one, and it was butt ugly, these cars not not designed to look like that. or even function. the RT spoilers don't have the slots for the brake ducts. the SRT ones do, old and newer style, my 2009 had the stock RT spoiler, I replaced it with the SRT spoiler still a 3 piece. and a few years later I replaced it with the one piece SRT spoiler. and with the newer versions of the car design (2015 and newer) it takes a different spoiler. so no can do on using one of those on the older models. Now, I have seen guys take their spoiler and their side skirts and rear fascia and paint them body color. not a bad look if you dont like the black, but if you are worried about hitting the curb or parking blocks, dont lower it!!! unless you want to hit it for sure..... I lowered mine with a 2009 SRT suspension and it lowered it 1 1/2" just right for me. but I have seen guys get lower than that.

Paul Abrams likes this.