How Long Will You Keep Your Challenger?

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by SRT-Tom, Oct 11, 2012.

How Long Will You Keep Your Challenger?

Poll closed Oct 25, 2012.
  1. 5 Years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 10 Years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 15 Years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. "Till Death Does Us Part"

100.0%
  1. spyhard

spyhard Full Access Member

Keeping mine forever!!

2. Sablelieger

Sablelieger Member

Till I either wreck it or I croak. Chances are, it'll be the latter. ;)

3. spyhard54

spyhard54 Member

Planning on keeping mine. 2014 with 15,000 miles.

4. Climber

Climber Full Access Member

My plan is to be buried in mine but not too soon. If I could take it with me I want to do figure 8 doughnuts and a burnout at the Pearly Gates.

Of course I am joking. My son will more than likely end up with it, sometime off in the distant future.

5. BlackberrySmoke

BlackberrySmoke Active Member

Ditto for Blackberry Pearl. You know how these cars are though. It gets under your skin and you want more. Guys that are in love with their cars trade up all the time. I'm thinking about finding a '70s project car to keep me from all the time wanting the bigger and badder new Challenger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

6. Climber

Climber Full Access Member

Nothing wrong with a '70 R/T if one can be found. I think that I have seen two or three '70 Hemi R/T Challengers and that was back in the day, say '71 or '72. They were rare, even then. One in good condition today might demand a six figure price tag. 1971 was the last year for the street 426 CID Hemi 2x4 that could be had by the general public. The 440 6 Pack or the 440 4 Barrel were to be had in many R/Ts with the 6 Pack not as common. I did see many 383 Magnum R/Ts and the same could be said for the 340 4 Barrel. The 340 6 Pack was only available in the '70 T/A Challenger and they only made less than 2800 of those.

Think about this if you have not by now....Mopar will sell you a crate motor 5.7 Hemi or the 6.4 Hemi that they call "plug and play" for your project. They say it will fit and run fine without the modern day tech that comes with the new Challenger. Hooked up to a modern manual 6 speed Tremac tranny or their 8 speed auto it would hold its own out there. These retro fits are being done out there by many people. They did a retro fit for a 'Cuda on Graveyard Cars this past season.

Keep us posted.

7. BlackberrySmoke

BlackberrySmoke Active Member

Several Mopar folks have told me the 6.4l crate may be the best engine they ever produced. That would be a wicked marriage with a classic Challenger. Talk about a sleeper R/T

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

8. spyhard54

spyhard54 Member

Planning on keeping for as long as possible. I'm certain the rest of my life.

9. adian

adian New Member

Had thought o would keep forever, but before I even made the first payment we found out my wife was preggo with our second and there is a chance it is twins!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Shaggy

Shaggy Well-Known Member Staff Member Administrator

There is still room in the back for your kids. No need to get a mini van yet! :)