I finally did it!

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by gostro, May 23, 2021.

1. gostro

gostro Full Access Member

So, what's your problem, anyway? I didn't ask for some bullshit, sarcastic comment to pick apart my statement. The terms quick and fast are interchangeable, for most people. If you don't like the car I bought, or the language I used describing it, I don't much give a damn. What a Fucking troll.

2. TRCM

TRCM Full Access Member

What's MY problem ?? Chill the heck out dude.....if you can't take a little fun poked at you, then maybe the internet ain't the place for you ?

If ya don't give a damn, then why did ya take effort to reply in such a rude fashion ???

To begin with, quick & fast do not mean the same thing to most people..........a quick car does 0-60 in 3 seconds... a fast car does the 1/4 mile at 150 mph.....now, this could be the same car or they may not.
    Quick gets from point A to point B in less time, fats is moving faster when it gets to point B, but it may take longer to get there.

Example:
    Take a Honda that does 0-60 in 4 seconds, but tops out at 125 mph in the 1/4.....that would be a quick car.....but not really fast
    Or a Camaro that does 0-60 in 5 seconds, but tops out at 150 in the 1/4....would be a fast car but not really quick.

These words are often - but not always - interchangeable when referring to something that happens at speed. The key to avoiding errors is therefore considering whether time is relevant.

Describing something that happens in a short period of time will be typically be “quick.” but if it is something that is capable of moving fast or that occurs at a high rate of speed, the correct word will be “fast.”

And your 'same difference' comment.....you do realize if they are the same, there is no difference, and if they are different, they can't be the same.....right ??

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  3. gostro

Well, first off, your reply reads pretty rude, hence the response. Perhaps you were joking, but with the absence of any smiley face, an lol, etc., it doesn't read that way at all. I didn't need an education on 0-60 vs top speed, or vs. quarter mile times and I wasn't here to debate linguistics with you. I was speaking in general terms, that people generally say. The car is fast. It's also pretty quick. Yet, out of all of your posts, I didn't see one single "Hey nice car", "congratulations", etc... and all of that combined really irritates the **** outta me. We can hit reset from here. I'm willing to chalk it up as a misunderstanding both ways, which it probably is.

4. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

That's good that you haven't noticed it. I guess I'm just sensitive to it although others have agreed with my assessment that it feels like it is 'lugging' when in 4 cylinder mode. I've really enjoyed my new R/T otherwise. I can't believe I've owned it for 6 months already.
    Again, enjoy your new ride.

gostro likes this.
  5. gostro

Thanks man! I'll be sure to keep an eye on it, because it's something I was curious about, too. I've only driven the car a little over a hundred miles (friggin' work, getting in my way!) :) So, I'll probably report back as time goes on. Congrats on your RT, btw. I really like that black and red color scheme and the shaker. If I could have every Challenger model I've wanted, well...I'd be broke! haha

NC20RT likes this.
  6. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

It's actually Go Mango but close enough and thanks for the compliment.
    Shaker hoods were something I always desired back when I first got my license in 1970. Of course no $$$ when 16 years old but the dreams never die. Now I ended up with two Shaker hood cars. The dealer actually installed my GT/CS hood when it was new back in 2007. $2,000 was a lot but it was professionally done and worth every penny as I still have the car today. Here they are side by side in my garage.
    Sorry to hog your new purchase news. When someone mentions 'shaker' I can't help but comment sometimes. I'm hooked. :fishing1:

DSC06297 (2).JPG

gostro likes this.
  7. gostro

Very nice on both! '07-ish is about where the mustangs trail off (for me) on the body style. I don't like what they've done in recent years. You've got the right looks on that one. All I could pull up on your Challenger was a small picture, thought for sure it was red! I actually really like go Mango and Torred, pretty much equally. Other favorites are plum crazy, hellraisin and octane red. They all look sharp with the two-tone effect of black stripes or the hood/roof blackout options. When I was looking around online, I was pretty surprised (and somewhat disappointed) that I really couldn't find any of those colors, with stripes or the hood and roof wrap option that were also a scat pack Shaker, T/A, or 1320. Those were my top desired models, all with their own unique benefits.

When I first found this one online, I wasn't super-hopped up on black (Even though I absolutely love a black car) simply because my last new car was black. After going to look at this one in person, though, I was blown away. I did my due diligence and searched auto trader nationwide, just in case I found the same model with a different color scheme that I would've wanted. After a week, nothing else out there was fitting the bill in any way compared to this one. I could hardly wait through the week to get back to the dealership.

No worries btw on "hijacking" my post. I don't look at it like that at all. That's why I'm here! I want to talk with all you guys, engage, ask questions, learn and have fun!

NC20RT likes this.
  8. gostro

I actually should correct my mustang body style statement, btw - I think it's more like after 2010, they started making "modern", "euro-style" changes that just don't work for me.

9. MoparMadness

MoparMadness Active Member

Gorgeous car. My Scat is Black as well and just picked it up last Saturday. They look like twins! Good luck and congrats on a dream come true!

gostro likes this.
  10. gostro

Thanks mopar madness! They do look like twins. Congrats on yours as well!