Is It Worth it to Mod the 3.6L?

Discussion in 'Challenger SE Engine and Performance Modifications' started by SRT-Tom, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Bobcat

Bobcat Active Member

Don't rag on Hyundai too much. I had 2 genesis coupes back in the day. Yeah they were 4 cyl, but they were turbo and a lot of fun. The last one had 280hp and about the same torque. It was pretty quick from a stop with the 8 speed auto. I probably should have kept it longer, but traded up to a 420hp Mustang.

2. Cloverdale

Cloverdale Full Access Member

I don't yet completely dislike my supercharged and beyond 2010 R/T (though I suspect it will likely reach that point if I keep it long enough with the likely inevitable engine damage/failure the 3rd gen hemi's are prone to due to design flaws). Naturally aspirated Challenger / Camaro / Mustang are expensive to dramatically improve performance on (especially Challenger due to it's weight). The turbocharged Ecoboost is the domestic exception. I'm into my immaculate, low mileage 2007 335 (3 ltr, twin turbo) for $18k canadian, including mods (paid 16k for the car stock 3 yrs. ago). Now at 500 hp with 1/4 mile performance of a Hellcat, handles amazing, built to last. For those curious search '500 hp N54 for $1500'. Requiring just a few hours of easy mod work, my BMW out performs my Challenger by leaps and bounds in every department, for about half the $ investment (incredible bang for the buck). Just saying! :bleh:

3. Katshot

Katshot Full Access Member

Seems to me, you belong on a BMW enthusiast site.

4. Cloverdale

Cloverdale Full Access Member

Some, many, perhaps most on these forums hope we're sharing with auto enthusiasts and not those burdened with pseudo pomposity. Let's bolt some fender flares on it and call it a widebody. DSC_4049.jpg

5. Katshot

Katshot Full Access Member

My comment was merely to point out that your posts seem to promote your BMW more than anything. And the one I commented on specifically seemed rather negative toward your Challenger. Regarding your childish dig, if that truly is your understanding of the Challenger Widebody, you should do a little research on it before making such a comment.

6. Hopslayer

Hopslayer Full Access Member

I decided against lowering my car, because I prefer the wider tires I have instead of the stock ones. Old school look. I'm probably adding a Ripp supercharger in about 6 weeks. Not going to race anyone, but it might be fun to take to the 1/4 mile strip they have 20 minutes away. I guess for $50 or something you get 3 passes. Could be fun. :)

7. 70-426_10-SRT

70-426_10-SRT B&E body lover

"COME TO THE DARK SIDE LUKE" :)

8. 70-426_10-SRT

So,
    you will have to have a TECH inspection, done at the track.
    If you make a pass Quicker than 14sec in the NW you will need an APPROVED Helmet
    Just a hint:
    Download a Christmas Tree APP and practice taking off on YELLOW

And HAVE FUN

Hopslayer likes this.
  9. 70-426_10-SRT

It would also benefit you to take it to the track

BEFORE and then AFTER for reference.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2020
    Hopslayer likes this.
  10. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

There's been several posts regarding supercharging a 3.6. Just saw that this Saturday, 9/26, the Motor Trend Channel's "Two Guys Garage" has a rerun of supercharging a V6 Challenger.
    It's on at 1:30 PM (Eastern) if anyone is interested.

Hopslayer likes this.