Just paid over $4 /gal for the 1st time

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by 70-426_10-SRT, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Bobcat

Bobcat Active Member

IDK, the new Z is looking very interesting and one of the reasons I'm hesitant on ordering the Scat Pack. They are supposed to reveal the production model August 17th. It sounds like it will be fairly easy to get to the 500-600ish hp range and a lot cheaper than modding the Challenger. Cost of the car and gas, ect. should be a little less too. But the front end doesn't look right to me and it will never have the sound of a V8 and not as practical as a Scat Pack either. I thought about a Supra or something like the M240i too, but they have some major quirks IMO.

2. Hopslayer

Hopslayer Full Access Member

Paid $3.26 for 92 octane at Costco yesterday. 17 gallons of it.

3. Cloverdale

Cloverdale Full Access Member

If you're referring to the Nissan Z you will experience violent, component breaking rear wheel hop when you break the tires loose due to the IRS and LSD. No one's been successful eliminating the problem including your's truly (traded a 370 Z on my Challenger).

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
  4. Bobcat

Bobcat Active Member

I actually ordered a 1320 this past weekend and already thinking of some minor mods and what wheels and tires to go with for daily use.

5. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

so far here in southwest Louisiana I am paying $2.74 a gallon for regular. Just over $3 a gallon for premium