New Cooper G1 Tires for My SRT

Discussion in 'Challenger Wheels, Tires and Brakes Forum' started by SRT-Tom, Apr 30, 2018.

1. 900312611

900312611 Member

IntimidatorRT likes this.
  2. 900312611

900312611 Member

Hello:
    I'm in the market for new tires for my "16 SRT392 and I've narrowed it down to Michelin Pilot Sport 4S; downside "expensive"...by looking at your photos it doesn't look like they have rim guards/rim protectors so I'll just ask...do they have rim protectors? Also how are these on aggressive/fast cornering and what some people call spirited driving; would you be able to say it corners like ridding on rails...can you give a more extensive review?
    Thank You

3. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

The Cooper G1s do not have rim protectors. That is not an issue for me because I never park along side of a curb. As far as handling, they have great grip for an all season tire and are very responsive and predictable. They actually feel like a summer ultra high performance tire.

The review videos that I posted are accurate. Did you watch the "Launch Event" video where they were installed on race cars and run on the Palm Beach International Raceway? They hit 1.08 G on a dry skid pad.

My SRT really handles great on dry and wet roads and stays planted on corners. This is due to the tire's deep sipes and performance compound. You can't beat them for the price. (Note- Unfortunately, the $100 rebate expired on April 30). Also, they are very quiet. The only drawback is that they are, supposedly, only good for light snow. Again, that's not a problem for me because my SRT is not a daily driver.

Here are some additional owner reviews from Tire Rack:

https://www.tirerack.com/survey/Sur...tatus=P&tireMake=Cooper&tireModel=Zeon+RS3-G1

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  4. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

The Cooper RS3-G1 tires came out in 2016. They are the next generation Zeon tires.

Wizard of Iz likes this.