New Guy

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by rtchallenger12, Feb 3, 2017.

1. rtchallenger12

rtchallenger12 Full Access Member

Thanks man I appreciate that! I've always been a fan of black wheels on almost every single vehicle but these ones look great IMO and they're the MONSTER 20" ones
    I thought they were 18s maybe but I was surprised to find out they definitely weren't. I like that carbon fiber look especially matching the green theme. My trim currently has some carbon fiber wanna-be looking pattern on it lol and it doesn't look too bad actually.
    I'm excited to own this new ride and finally say I have a real muscle car on my hands; also to truly make it mine with little details here and there

2. spyhard

spyhard Full Access Member

That is a nice ride! It just never gets old to get in and ride your Challenger again..Welcome!

3. rtchallenger12

Thank you. I get a smile on my face every time I look out and see it sitting there, and especially when I start it up
    It's nice to know I have a real muscle car with real power and not some little 4-cylinder turbo'd piece of junk like most people in my area..
    It's funny because everyone has to take a double look when they see me driving it considering I'm only 20 lol they're just in aw at how nice of a car it is

4. Climber

Climber Full Access Member

These cars draw a lot of attention. My Plum Crazy 2016 R/T has caused more than a few necks to snap out of shape. There is another in Plum Crazy with the Blackout option running around town also. Some local has an R/T in the Go Green color..... Better put the shades on to look at that one. That car seems to light up the night. The other day I was cruising around town and I saw coming at me a '70 or a '71 'Cuda that looked near new in Plum Crazy....except the Plymouth boys called the color "I Violet".

Back in the day as in the early '70s, these cars drew a lot of attention, wanted and unwanted. I had a '70 Challenger in Plum Crazy at the ripe age of 21. The cops would do a U turn and follow me around. Testosterone and horsepower can be a volatile mix, some say. At the old guy age of 66 it is still hard to keep the horses in the barn.

Keep the shiny side up and stay between the ditches.

5. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

It's cool that you are still into MOPAR performance. My first muscle car was a 1971 'Cuda 340. It was Rallye Red with a black shaker hood and billboard stripes. After I sold it, I realized that I made a big mistake, so I replaced it with a 2009 Challenger SRT.

Here is the color chart for the 1970 Barracuda. The purple color was called In Violet (metallic).

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs...ymouth-barracuda-brochure-11.jpg&action=click

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  6. rtchallenger12

Love it. I've always been a fan of Challengers, with the old school body style but updated with badass features
    I just installed almost all of the stuff I bought- new fog light housings with LED bulbs, stainless door sill accents, and Cobra Radar Detector
    All that is left (for now, of course) is the red LED floor lights, stainless MOPAR gas/brake pedals, and to throw in my floor mats that I got on Amazon for $50- a set of front, back, and trunk covers!
    It was too cold out today to finish everything, about 20 degrees and snow today and it'll be around 45 and cloudy tomorrow.. welcome to Ohio weather!
    I'll post some pictures when I get everything done

7. Climber

Climber Full Access Member

You are correct...."In Violet" was the name of the color. That is one sharp looking 'Cuda. I remember seeing many of these cruising local burger joints. The 340 billboard was a common site. I do remember a few 440 Six Packs but they were not common. A 440 in a 'Cuda left little to no room under the hood. Back then I had seen only one 426 Hemi Cuda. They were very rare, only a few were made. That car commanded attention. I have seen many a Mopar lover drool in jaw dropping envy over that Hemi Cuda. The owner would cruise around showing it off....and rightfully so. Even the Ford and Chevy fans would show respect in a backhanded fashion. The owner was only too proud to pop the hood and let people see the Hemi while sitting at the drive up portion of a burger joint.

8. soonercruiser

soonercruiser Full Access Member

Even a new Challenger can be "Cuda-Like"! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. rtchallenger12

Where can I get that front bumper lip?
    I love the look of the indents on it and how it goes up the sides
    I saw one on Amazon but it said it didn't fit my '12 model
    Really liking those hood pins too but I'd be weary about drilling holes into my hood