Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Challenger 2, May 18, 2023.

1. Challenger 2

Challenger 2 Member

Thanks, everyone.

Regarding gas mileage, I can't remember exactly what I was getting with the 2010 SRT, but it seems like it was around 17 combined city/hwy. So far, after 600 miles on the Hellcat, I'm getting 15.4. To be fair, the first 300 miles of break-in I went very easy. However, between 300-500, I manually shifted it to vary the rpms throughout the range, as suggested in the Owner's Manual break in procedure. So on balance, I think that is pretty representative of 600 miles of almost exclusively city driving.

2. rogerfast

rogerfast New Member

That sounds about right for city driving, maybe even a little better than average. The Hellcat is not a gas saver, but it’s worth every penny in my opinion. I’m happy that you took good care of your new car during the break-in period, it will make a difference in the performance and reliability. You have a great car and with a great attitude.

3. Cloverdale

Cloverdale Full Access Member

My supercharged 2010 R/T (dyno'd at 480 whp) avg's 13.8 mpg, so obviously it's dependent on how much one has their foot into it.

4. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

5. LeeHutch

LeeHutch New Member

Nice to meet you. I bought my first Challenger (SXT Blacktop) a month ago. I'm really enjoying it so far.