Resonator delete

Discussion in 'Challenger R/T Engine & Performance Modifications' started by 2017 Redline HC, Jun 9, 2019.

1. 2017 Redline HC

2017 Redline HC 2021 Durango RT

Update;
    I got out for a drive last night, what a difference this has made. Of course when I step on it there is a noticeable bark that comes out....which sounds great. At speed with the windows up I really do not notice any difference. As mentioned above I noticed a doan as I slowed for stops which would disappear as RPM changed during down shifts.
    I believe throttle response does feel better and more active. I had noticed a lag in response when at idle and tapping on the throttle it seemed to take longer for the RPM to drop off, almost like the throttle was sticking. Now it drops back to idle right away. Now I’m no auto genius, but do feel getting rid of the resonators has helped the car breath and exhaust better. I have to wonder how effective the long tube headers were before doing this.I also noticed that with the window open the whistle of the air intake does seem louder than before.
    Overall I am happy with doing this and would recommend these pipes if you dont mind an animal under your foot. Very easy install as well.
    :happy107:

70-426_10-SRT likes this.
  2. 2017 Redline HC

2017 Redline HC 2021 Durango RT

I am sure if you continually pounded on her or raced it you could have some internal failures without adding heavier parts to support the extra power. I have read of issues with lifters wearing out cams when they fail, but to me this is a design flaw which Dodge should address. After all these are not marketed to soccer moms....just my 2 cents...