Stereo Options

Discussion in 'Challenger Interior Modifications' started by Hopslayer, Feb 3, 2020.

1. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

MY 17 Ram has been having some issues with not turning off when you open the door, after the last update it did. it started this, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't turn off. they ordered me a new radio today for it. I have the 8.4 uconnect under warranty,

2. Hopslayer

Hopslayer Full Access Member

My radio comes on every time I put the car in reverse. Always has.

3. Alan Johnston

Alan Johnston Member

I put a cd player in my 2018 Challenger. It is located under the passenger seat. I put in some spacers to raise the seat a little bit. It remote controlled so I just have to put the cd in by hand and can change tracks with the remote. Works good.

Hopslayer likes this.
  4. STEVEN NIX

STEVEN NIX Active Member

talk to crutchfield. these people are very helpful and knowledgable. i have a 12 r/t classic and upraded to a factory touch screen nav unit (RHB). i like it but probably should have upgraded the speakers as well. good luck

Hopslayer likes this.
  5. Hopslayer

I'm going to start with replacing the factory 6x9 door speakers with some Infinity or Kicker ones. We'll see what I get from that and go from there.

6. Gregory Cooper

Gregory Cooper Full Access Member

My question is, what model year Challenger are you talking about?
    I have a 2012 R/T Classic. I do have a CD/DVD player. It has a flip screen. I am wondering if your car is old enough , if you have the flip screen. Just a thought.
    I do know that getting a vehicle with a CD player in late model cars is almost impossible. Heck, buying a CD in a store is a challenge. WalMart and Target are about the only options.
    I don't care for the radio stations in my area in southwest Idaho, so I stream from Pandora through the bluetooth in all 3 of the vehicles I drive.
    If I am wanting some good thumping driving tunes, I take a CD with me in my Challenger.
    I understand your not a techy but if your satisfied with your sound system you may consider Iheart radio or Pandora and build your stations to your listening pleasure. Running through bluetooth is easy.
    I am amazed how good factory sound systems are these days. The money I paid out for truly lesser quality sound, WOW!
    I was allowed to sit and listen to the B&W speaker system in a BMW 8 series. I was very disappointed in the sound quality. B&W is near the most expensive speaker/monitors in the world.
    Even the salesman said he didn't care for the system.

7. Katshot

Katshot Full Access Member

Gotta say, I love the system in my car. Sound quality is excellent. I used to install stereo systems in cars and modern OEM systems are way better than they used to be. Better than most of what I used to install. Yeah, I could do more powerful systems but they were super expensive, and took up a lot of room inside the car.
    As far as content, I either listen to the local country station or iHeart radio.

8. Hopslayer

My car is a 2017 SXT Plus. I have Satellite radio and use flash drives that I've loaded with music I ripped from cds, so I am able to go without a cd player. Last week I put in two 10 inch Alpine subs powered buy a Kicker amp because due to the coronavirus the Alpine one was unavailable. I had Alpine speakers put in the rear, doors and dash powered by an Alpine PXE-8505S or whatever the number is. I have one knob to control the bass and the other deal is always set to maximum. It should be great, except the guy goofed something up and I wasn't getting much from the dash and door speakers so I had to leave it there tonight so he can redo it. I can hook up a laptop to the system and dial it in however I want, or it has a Bluetooth connection so I can do stuff from my phone. Much better than the factory radio my car came with, which I believe was the worst one they put in Challengers.

9. scott campbell

scott campbell Active Member

i got the harman kardon in mine sounds great just wish you could edit the songs on the hard drive better instead of downloading cd for 1 song

10. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

put what songs you want on a jump[ drive and load them up that way. i do that with my stock system and it is a 2009