Tire Recommendations

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by Richard Kubica, Dec 6, 2021.

1. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

wow!! dont know what you are doing to your tires but I have the Firestone firehawk Indy 500's and they are great!, first and second set I had went for over 35,000 miles. good traction in the rain and on the track.only did one burnout per set.. yep. you heard right. at 66, I dont need to show my arse like the guys that drive mustangs...lol

B5blueRT likes this.
  2. Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran Full Access Member

What did you decide?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
  3. Wm TPA SXT

Wm TPA SXT Full Access Member

Michelins

4. bobbymac

bobbymac Full Access Member

First off... Keep the same diameter tires.. Different diameters, treads,, compounds up to you.... New cars have the computers etc etc that work with all Engine to tires. - Engine, trans, shaft, rear end, tire diameter... Start changing diameter of tire and you are changing everything... I am a 77 year old motor head - Been learning all my life. Good ruck with your challenger.. bobbymac

NC20RT likes this.
  5. Hopslayer

Hopslayer Full Access Member

I'm running Vredestein Quatrac Pro All Season Grand Touring. 275/40/20 in front and 315/35/20 in back. I don't drive my car in the winter. These take a couple of burnouts to warm up and grip and have a 540 wear rating I think, so they'll last. I don't think I'd get much better grip unless I went with a drag radial.

6. fritzthecat

fritzthecat Full Access Member

My 2010 SRT came with Goodyear Eagle F1’s. I bought it with a little over 9000 miles on it and the tires looked like they had just been replaced. At 18,000 miles the rears were totally shot. Yeah, 9000 miles and they were history. I replaced them with the Eagle Sports. I now have 66,000 on the car and the rears are just now getting to the point where I’m thinking about replacing them before the summer rainy season. I’ve never had a tire last that long before. Nearly 50,000 on them and I don’t exactly baby the gas pedal…
    The fronts I replaced around 25,000 and they still look great. They don’t get the same beating the rears get.
    These are supposedly “All Season”, at least that’s what it says on the tire - Treadwear 560, Traction A, Temperature A. The rears are a tiny bit bigger than the fronts, 255/45R20 vs 245/45R20. Not sure if the later models still do that, but that is Dodge’s recommendation for the 2010.
    Not sure how they do in snow, we don’t get much of that in Boca Raton!
    HTH.