VIN issued for ordered car.

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by Garry in AZ, Apr 29, 2021.

1. 68MOPAR

68MOPAR Full Access Member

Nice choice, but I would have chosen the Harman Kardon sound system.

2. Garry in AZ

Garry in AZ Member

I hear you, but I am well connected in the audio industry and planning on a custom sound system that I will design myself. And, I have a bunch of friends at Alpine, so I had to go with their stuff. :)

3. Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran Full Access Member

NICE!

4. TRCM

TRCM Full Access Member

They will not make a sale to me without 2.....

68MOPAR likes this.
  5. 68MOPAR

I don't know if this is a policy of my dealership alone or all dealerships?

6. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

Ah, doesn't matter, it makes for good reading, contemplating and commenting! :happy160:

68MOPAR likes this.
  7. Garry in AZ

Garry in AZ Member

My dealership assured me on Saturday that my new car will come with two FOBs.

68MOPAR likes this.
  8. menarda

menarda Member

I ordered a 21' scatpack shaker widebody in octane red back in early September when the option window opened. The VIN got issued within a few days, but I was strung along by Dodge until mid December. I eventually bought a 20 challenger 50 scatpack widebody shaker in sinimin stick on Christmas eve. I contacted Dodge a week before the purchase asking the status of my build and was told it was in the 'supply chain' state awaiting a build date. The day after I pulled the trigger on the purchase Dodge notified me that the car I ordered was built. A few days earlier they couldn't give me a build date, then all of a sudden it's built. Needless to say, I showed all the emails to the dealer I ordered the car from and was given my deposit back without issue. My car came with 2 FOBs.

Good luck with your order, it's a beautiful color with the widebody.

9. 68MOPAR

I asked Dodge about this yesterday... They said that they are resuming 2 x fob per vehicle. Maybe this is a positive sign for obtaining chips?

10. 68MOPAR

Sinimin is a nice color. I was checking out a Octane Red 392 T/A last week. I thought the Octane Red would look as it does in the 50th Anniversary photos, but that wasn't the case at all. Gold Rush looks different in alternate lighting as well. Not a "flip-flop" finish, but definitely a 3 part. Octane Red looked darker in the sun, which is opposite of what I expected. It has more of a black cherry appearance, maybe? Nice, but I think I prefer Sinimin. The black graphics weren't working against the Octane Red finish, but those can be removed. Had the 392 T/A not had a sunroof on it, it would have been a contender for purchase.

Last edited: May 3, 2021