Will be buying a Challenger soon

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by GoFast, Oct 26, 2019.

Which Challenger

Poll closed Nov 5, 2019.
  1. New 2019 R/T 5.7L Shaker (If I can find a Shaker model)

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. Slighty used 2016-17 Scat pack 6.4L

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Used 2015 SRT 392 6.4L

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GoFast

GoFast Active Member

Wow that was along post I did. More pictures below.

I love my black rims. Wife wants black rims on her car now. I was going to use s wax pen to white out the Super bee, kind of like down badging, but wife says she likes the bees so they stay, lol.

Anyone know of a place to get a DIY custom black vinyl wrap for the hood online? Also looking for a rear sway bar that isn't overly expensive for a metal pipe with some holes cut in it.

One last question: The front window looks like it has water spots but I cannot clean it off, tried car soap, dish soap, windex, I even used brake cleaner in a small spot to test it out. It's not on the inside and I can't tell if its really nasty stuff stuck to the outside or if its a defect in the window. I'm starting to worry it's the anti shatter part of the window that has become defective (there is glue inbetween 2 pieces of glass, that is one reason front windows are shatter proof). You can't tell during the day but at night, at dusk, dawn or when cloudy it looks like water spots. Are our front windows know to become defective and get cloudy like this? If so I do have an extended warranty if the "basic" <bull sh!t> warranty doesn't cover it. I don't have any pictures but will put some up depending on how my question is answered, if no one has seen this before I will take a picture.

7.18ChSP (Front, PasSide, Cropd).jpg

6.18ChSP (Inside).jpg

9.18ChSP (Snout).jpg

8.18ChSP (Frnt Invert).jpg

2. Climber

Climber Full Access Member

Nice ride so, welcome to the brotherhood. Keep the shiny side up and things down to a roar. As far as attention goes, you and the missus will be getting a lot of it. It goes with the car. That Scat Pack badge on the fender will warrant longer looks, count on it. The Challenger has always been a head turner even back in '71 as I found out after I bought my '70 Plum Crazy 340. You will draw extra attention from law enforcement....just the other day the wife and I were cruising around in traffic in the Purple Thing and we met a State Trooper going the opposite way and he gave us long hungry look that reminded me of some sort of predator/prey scenario.

If you are interested.....Nick's Garage on YouTube has just finished his Project Kowalski....A '70 R/T 440 Magnum 4 speed in Alpine White in true Vanishing Point fashion. Nick has created a one hour video of himself hot rodding around town.

3. GoFast

GoFast Active Member

That is one sweet ride Nick has. Envious = me.

How cool would that be to have a matching pair of the same color 1st gen and 3rd gen Challengers? Matching color and trim would be even more cool.

4. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member