Yay or Nay Pre-Tinted Sidemarkers

Discussion in 'Challenger Exterior Modifications Forum' started by Hopslayer, Dec 18, 2018.

1. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

You can if you want to go through that headache, but you can just put them on without light removal. I have them in stock I sell for about $20.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chops and Hopslayer like this.
  2. Hopslayer

Hopslayer Full Access Member

The ones in the original post can be installed using a screwdriver it says on their website. I sent them an e-mail asking if they can elaborate, as I have no idea if you pry these lights off or have to undo a screw from behind, etc. The gal said she'd have to get back to me. Lol. Anyone know how to remove the sidemarkers on a 2017 SXT Plus? :)

Chops likes this.
  3. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

I know on mine they have clips on the back side you need to press in to get them to pop out. Not sure about the next gen ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chops and Hopslayer like this.
  4. Chops

Chops Active Member

Luxe products are good quality, I would definitely recommend them. I bought & installed a dark smoke tail light center tint kit last week. Everything needed for the install was included in the kit (except for a hair dryer/heat gun to activate the adhesive). Luxe has an instructional video on YouTube for this kit which gave very clear & thorough details for the install. In retrospect though, I should have gone with an opaque "tint" to achieve the desired look of having just the perimeter of the tail light visible when the lights are on/applied. I imagine that Luxe has a similar complete kit for the side marker lights.
    IntimidatorRT & 900312611 - Those Mopar side marker overlays/covers are BAD-ASS! I saw a video on YouTube by SEVEN7 Designs where they installed a similar product, but they had the "HEMI" & 2 Dodge hash marks logo for the cutouts. I wanted to buy them, but they left no link on how to purchase or what the price was. I sent a comment on the video requesting that info, but so far have heard nothing back.
    I'm gonna get on eBay & look for those "Mopar" side marker overlays, b/c they definitely look great!

5. Chops

Chops Active Member

PLEASE, PLEASE! DON'T USE A SCREWDRIVER!!! Yes, you do need something to pop the side marker lenses out from the body panels, but a screwdriver (unless wrapped in a rag or possibly a shop towel) is most likely going to scratch your clear coat/paint finish. There are various sizes & shapes of plastic/vinyl pry tools that would be much safer to use. I believe that the side marker lenses are removed by prying out on the rearmost side edge of the lens. Careful not to stress the wiring harness when pulling the lens out. You can then release the bulb socket from the lense by turning the socket a 1/4 turn to the left (I believe).
    Now, these are details concerning a 2014 Challenger. The newer gen Challenger body hasn't changed much over the years (aside from the nose & rear in 2015), but I'm not sure about the side marker lights. God luck with your project Hopslayer!

Hopslayer likes this.
  6. Chops

Chops Active Member

:headbang::Rock on:Meant to say GOOD luck!

Hopslayer likes this.
  7. 10DYRT

10DYRT Full Access Member

I got the E Bay ones a couple of years ago. Apply with soapy water using small squeegee ( credit card ) to remove any possible air bubbles
    and excess water. Just like old school decals on plastic models, except a lot more durable. They come with instructions, no light removal
    needed.

8. Chops

Chops Active Member

900312611 - I went to eBay & typed in the keywords exactly as you described, & it brought the listing for those right up, so I ordered them. Can't wait to get & install them! They don't quite fit the retro theme that I'm doing on my '14 Challenger R/T Classic, but they are way too cool not to have them on my car. Thanks for the info on that product!

9. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Hopslayer likes this.
  10. 70-426_10-SRT

70-426_10-SRT B&E body lover

Damn, me too
    Vinyl Decal Side Marker Set MOPAR Wrap for Dodge Challenger

Since I lost out on a killer deal on a Nikon 28-300 lens last night,
    Even using Bidnapper

Hopslayer likes this.