Engine Lettering

Discussion in 'Challenger Exterior Modifications Forum' started by SRT-Tom, Jan 13, 2016.

1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

If the lettering on your coil pack covers has become faded or chipped, you can correct the problem with custom fit vinyl lettering.

I found a supplier who will make just about any color so that you can match your engine lettering to your exterior paint. I ordered Hemi-orange for the "Hemi" logo and silver for the "6.1." The cost was $15 with shipping. A nice and inexpensive mod.

Mopar Decals | Graphic Signworks

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  2. 10DYRT

10DYRT Full Access Member

Tom do you have a pic of the covers before and after?

3. SRT-Tom

I just ordered mine, so they are not installed yet.

If you click on the link for the vendor, there are several photos of the applied decals. Also, here is a link for another vendor with photos.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-1L-HEMI-E...m3d01645a56:m:m7bnVACAN1JwkF3Q81CVcbw&vxp=mtr

I am replacing the silver HEMI lettering on my SRT with Hemi-orange decals to match my exterior paint and the 2006 concept car (see photo below).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  4. 10DYRT

10DYRT Full Access Member

I'm curious how the adhesive is going to stand up to the heat under the hood, whether the letters will stay in place after a long cruise in the summer.
    The shop that did my S/C put their decal on the top of the S/C and the adhesive melted like butter, and that was 4 months of it being on there, so it had plenty of time to set.

5. SRT-Tom

I have a MOPAR decal on my CAI and it has stood up to the heat over the past 6 years. Hopefully, these new decals will be just as sturdy.

Attached Files: