Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum > Dodge Challenger Modifications > Challenger SRT8 Engine Discussion and Performance Mod Forum

Challenger SRT8 Engine Discussion and Performance Mod Forum Discuss the 425HP/420lb-ft 6.1L HEMI V8(2008-2010) and 470HP/470lb-ft 6.4L HEMI V8(2011-) engines and performance mods.

Differential swap need some knowledge

This is a discussion on Differential swap need some knowledge within the Challenger SRT8 Engine Discussion and Performance Mod Forum forums, part of the Dodge Challenger Modifications category!
I currently own a 08 srt with the 3.06 rear end and recently purchased a getrag 3.91 unit from a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2017, 10:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Differential swap need some knowledge

I currently own a 08 srt with the 3.06 rear end and recently purchased a getrag 3.91 unit from a 2010 srt and was told it was a straight swap but after researching it appears the 2008 was the only one with the 215 mm axle shafts and it's not a direct swap out. My main questions are is first will any of the V8 axle shafts from 2009 and after work and I may also need to swap driveshafts to a 3 bolt one, would any V8 driveshaft work or would it have to be an auto? Thanks for any help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vedros74 is offline   Reply With Quote