6.1 SRT vs. SS Camaro

Discussion in 'Track Talk' started by SRT-Tom, Jun 18, 2013.

1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  2. Storm Rider

Storm Rider Full Access Member

A win is a win.

3. SRT-Tom

What's interesting is that Road Test TV got almost identical dragstrip times of Road & Track when they tested a 2008 SRT. That Challenger turned [email protected]. Autos are very fast and consistent.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  4. Rod_R

Rod_R Full Access Member

Watching this makes me feel like I've "outgrown" my R\T. I need more power!!! :)

5. Black Voodoo

Black Voodoo Member

Are we talking stock for stock here? None of my races against stick or auto Camaro's have been that close.

6. SRT-Tom

Since the test was done by Road Test TV, I assume that both cars were stock.

7. Lashlarue

Lashlarue Active Member

I've run a 13.0@107 .in good air. On the stock Rsa's.Just put a set of bfg comp2's and havent yet figured out my new launch technique for them yet, 2.1 60s...I have 96 passes at HMP Houston 1/8th mile

8. oknahs

oknahs Member

SRT8 vs SS Camaro GTMustang

My daughters Challenger 392 can eat any stock SS or GT out there. I drive the beast often and its a scary monster. For a straight path and touring nothing is more comfortable. Now for the track, my C4 95 vette at 3100 lbs and 350 ftl bs torque easily beats track times against the 4100 lb 392. My next car will be the new Cuda with the hell cat 6.2 hemi. As long as it weighs 3800 lbs or less it will be in my garage. Lime green with the new 8 speed auto. Watch out GT500 Zl1.

9. Black Voodoo

Black Voodoo Member

Well yeah I'm sure a 392 will kill any Camaro except for the ZL-1. What always irked me was the bowtie loving rags would pit a 6 speed Camaro against a manual R/T. Chevy boasted 425 HP so no wonder a 370 horse R/T would lose to it. Now I see someone finally leveled the playing field horse power - wise it's a slightly different story. Don't underrate the R/T fellow owners, you see what mine does with $1500 worth of mods and some good drag tires.

10. Lashlarue

Lashlarue Active Member

My RT auto is 2-2 vs Camaro SS, one loss was against a SS that had set for three hours, and was cool, He decided to run me as I was doing back to back to back runs, still only beat me by less than a carlength. The other I was told had cam and heads. Havent raced any of the new Mustangs, but have beaten a couple of older Cobra's and a 05 three valve with a 100 shot which was setup improperly. Didn't have a window switch and hit the juice at the tree. needless to say I was ten lengths down the track before he quit spinning. Nice kid, he showed me his setup and although I won't ever use nitrous I know how to set up a system. He took my advice and two weeks later ran a 7.9 to my 8.5.