Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum > Dodge Challenger | General Information | Maintenance > Prospective Challenger Owners Forum

Prospective Challenger Owners Forum A questions and answers forum for prospective Challenger owners. Discuss pricing, options, research, dealerships, and making a retail order here!

Is the Harman Kardon package worth the upgrade?

This is a discussion on Is the Harman Kardon package worth the upgrade? within the Prospective Challenger Owners Forum forums, part of the Dodge Challenger | General Information | Maintenance category!
Hey guys I'm new to this forum and heck to Dodge itself as I was primarily a Ford guy. But ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2015, 04:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Is the Harman Kardon package worth the upgrade?

Hey guys I'm new to this forum and heck to Dodge itself as I was primarily a Ford guy. But I wanted to ask you guys your opinion on something before I make a final choice. I'm looking at getting a 2015 SXT or 2015 SXT plus. The one factor that splits them is their audio options especially the SXT Plus with the 18 speaker setup. What I want to know is it worth it for such a setup? Or is aftermarket a better choice?? I'm sticking with the V6 because this will be my first brand new car and it will be my daily driver so I'm trying to cut the cost in the short run and long run.
Dodgenewbie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

I made the mistake of getting the basic audio sound system and regretted it after 1yr of ownership of my 2014 SXT so I upgraded the headunit Amp and Speakers cost me more than 1500 it cost for the Harman Kardon.Plus its much harder to upgrade the stereo in 2015 and up model challengers . Just saying go for it ......
kiss1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

Unless you feel like adding speakers, amps, etc later I'd get the upgraded one for sure
I haven't heard a Challenger with the basic setup but my R/T has the Harmon Kardon speakers and it sounds great for being stock
Just my opinion
Sequential Tail Light Mod, K&N 57 Series Air Intake, Stainless MOPAR Door Sills, Stainless MOPAR Pedals, LED Fogs, Cobra SPX 7800BT, GTS Tinted Tail Lights, FM 40 Series with Reso Delete, 8" RF P|2, SpeedLogix OCC
rtchallenger12 is online now   Reply With Quote