1320 or widebody

Discussion in 'Prospective Challenger Owners Forum' started by Bobcat, Jul 15, 2021.

1. 2017 Redline HC

2017 Redline HC 2021 Durango RT

That’s true, but damn is it fun when you want to play.

Good luck with your quest.

2. mikeT

mikeT Full Access Member

Seems you're asking for someone else to tell you what to buy. Stay with the stang, otherwise, you won't be happy with what somebody else suggested you buy.

NC20RT and 70-426_10-SRT like this.
  3. Bobcat

Bobcat Active Member

I guess that is an option I only recently seriously considered. I really wanted to get a new Challenger though and just wanted feedback as to which trim would be better. But it is a lot of money and would be like starting over on payments again. Although I managed to keep this car longer than most and have pretty good equity built up. I think the 0% financing I got with the Mustang really helped out. I like the fact Dodge is offering it now too, but if I order and it takes a couple months to arrive, it could be gone. I don't know how much longer the dealer will honor the tentative trade in quote he gave me either.

4. mikeT

mikeT Full Access Member

Keep the Stang!!

NC20RT likes this.
  5. Bobcat

Bobcat Active Member

Really? I think you are the first person to have said that. I don't know what I would do without a car payment as I can't remember the last time I didn't have one. I'm thinking probably a couple years in the early 2000's. I know I wasn't being smart trading in every 2-3 years and basically breaking even. But I figured with 20k or so of trade equity currently that my payments would be a little less than I'm paying now for a car costing at least 15k more. You also have to consider that things may start wearing out and needing replaced soon and my warranty is long gone. I know I need new back tires and I'm still on the original brakes which is on borrowed times with over 53k miles on the car.

6. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

pro·cras·ti·na·tion - the action of delaying or postponing something. :grd:

70-426_10-SRT likes this.
  7. Bobcat

Bobcat Active Member

I know, I know. I have a thing about over thinking things. You would be shocked at how many houses I looked at before deciding on one and how long I have been actually thinking about getting a Challenger.

NC20RT likes this.
  8. Carpetguy53

Carpetguy53 New Member

I have The 1320 2020 in the Sinamon stick color. With the package, I have it's a one of one. Gets lot's compliments on the car. So far,I'm The only one with this color in the North East.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2021
  9. gostro

gostro Full Access Member

Go with the 1320! I just bought mine in May. I love the carryover features from the demon, they're fun and the ride is fantastic and smooth with the softer suspension, plus it's fast as hell. Not to mention the exclusivity you mentioned. They only made I believe 410 of them in 2020. It's more rare than a hellcat and WAY more rare than a wide body. Wide bodies and regular scats are damn near a dime a dozen, in comparison. Believe me, you won't be sad you got it. I've been having the most fun ever in a car, in mine.

10. Graham

Graham Member

Trust me you will definitely not regret the 1320. With all the Demon goodies for under $2k, I'd say it's a bargain. I've not tracked mine yet. It behaves well on the road, and on ramps with drag mode will leave a smile on your face every time, and entering the freeway at an unmentionable speed.

I've never got less than a 12.1 quarter (confirmed by "draggy") A/C on full tank of gas, street tires (unless I screw up). Only issue is wet roads, way too easy to loose it. It isn't my daily tho so usually stays home when wet.

It's almost as fast as a Cat- have seen them take a stock Cat at the track, and the insurance is way less. There's a "holy cow" moment when you suddenly get ALL the power- don't remember if it was at 1,000 miles?

I won't change mine for anything. Absolutely love it.

Only mods I've done is the Hellcat air box and Borla exhaust.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2021
    Bobcat and 70-426_10-SRT like this.