2018 SRT Fog Light Bulb Clip

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Maintenance' started by houseofboyd, Jun 7, 2018.

1. houseofboyd

houseofboyd New Member

This may be a "way out there" question, but I thought I'd give it a try. I have a 2018 SRT Challenger that I recently replaced the fog light bulbs with LED bulbs. That in itself (remove 3 disposable plastic rivets in the front of the wheel liner) was a task...my question pertains to the little orange retainer clip on the bulb socket. Both of my orange tabs and a little black slider piece that it sits on fell off of the socket when I removed the OG bulbs. The little black slider piece appears to have broken. I managed to get both back in the socket when I put them on the new led bulbs, but they don't appear to be very tight and I can easily pull them off...before I replace the plastic rivets in the wheel liner, I was hoping to replace the broken retainers as well...a search on the interwebs yielded nothing. I don't know if this is the same setup on all Challengers since 2008 with fog lights or not...hoping somebody here with more knowledge can shed some light.... much appreciated...

2. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

i believe in 2015 is when they changed the design of the fog lights. they look more like a projector light now. very different than what is on the older models 2014 and previous. i know mine take a 9145 bulb.

3. houseofboyd

houseofboyd New Member

Yeah, I replaced the stock bulbs with Alla Super Bright H11 H8 H15 LED..the problem was with the plug on the wiring harness. The little clip that you slide down to release the bulb broke on both of mine when I was removing the stock bulb..really crappy design. I managed to get them back on, but they won't have the holding power that they did....