2020 production numbers

Discussion in 'Challenger News, Articles and Media Reviews' started by 2017 Redline HC, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Katshot

Katshot Full Access Member

To be totally honest when I was originally shopping for my Challenger, I was against a widebody but, when I read how much better the car was it got me to be more open minded about one. I was still on the fence until I actually saw the car in person. The widebody has a much more sinister look to it. More menacing. I fell in love with it immediately.

2. Cloverdale

Cloverdale Full Access Member

Chrysler should have done something like this. wide.jpg

70-426_10-SRT likes this.
  3. Katshot

Not bad but even that super-expensive SEMA concept only had 275’s on the front. I feel you’re beating a dead horse at this point. Face it, Dodge wasn’t going to manufacture new fenders and quarter panels for such an old car just for an option kit. You have to be realistic about what content an OEM is going to put into one of their cars. IMO, the Widebody option was done properly. You get a lot for the option package price.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  4. Katshot

I just did some research and found that CDC had priced that Widebody kit at $5995.
    And that was just the fender extensions! No doubt in my mind that the factory option package was a far better value at virtually the same price of ($6000).

5. Cloverdale

If it didn't require cutting into the existing I'd be a customer. Don't think there's any doubt that the standard bodied Hellcat's extra 220 hp (compared to the wide bodied Scatpack) more than compensates for the tire width difference even on the street as the 305's are only about an inch wider. In my BMW on the street with traction loss on 255's I outrun the C7's light to light running minimally 285's with a much much closer hp differential.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  6. Katshot

No clue about your BMW vs C7. From my experience, BMW drivers will try to race anybody and Corvette drivers don’t, so it wouldn’t surprise me to learn the Corvettes you raced weren’t really racing. Regarding your statement about the Hellcat vs Scatpack weights, again I’m not sure what you’re trying to say considering that the majority of the Hellcat’s weight increase is over the front end.

7. Cloverdale

None to pleasing being unable to keep up with something you were certain you'd spent enough on to out perform! I wasn't actually aware of it's full potential when I purchased. Hoping to soon learn whether it crosses the finish line faster than my Challenger if the track returns to full operation this spring.

https://bmwtuning.co/build-500hp-n54-bmw-135i-335i/

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  8. 70-426_10-SRT

70-426_10-SRT B&E body lover

Yea, but Tesla. . . . . .
    (I'll still keep my SRT, no matter HOW HIGH Uncle Joe makes Gas Prices go up)

As a side note, I still wish Mopar would have gone Inner Wheelwells vs WIDE Body

9. Katshot

Remind me why you're on a Challenger site again....o_O

IntimidatorRT likes this.