2021 Scat Pack Wide Body Convertible

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Michael Newell, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Michael Newell

Michael Newell Member

In 1985, in conjunction with a military move, I brought a Porsche 911 Targa from Germany to North Carolina. I would find myself looking for an excuse, any excuse to have to pull the top off and make a run for the local Lowes to pick up something for a home project. The trip to/from the store would never be direct, and usually take about 3 times longer than a direct drive there, but I would just have a blast driving the car, and zooming down roads.

Fast forward to 2021, different car, same disease!

I hope to remain afflicted well into my senior years.

Mike

2. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

^^ You will. I just turned 67 and it never ends. Right from 16 years old 'til now. I've always owned a sports car or muscle car. I've never been without one. My mid-life crisis started when I was a teen and still plagues me. :gr_grin:

3. Cloverdale

Cloverdale Full Access Member

Love the silver which was only available in 96 LT4 (last year of the C4)! My 92 was bright aqua, sold it to a former mechanic who was in his 70's.
    c4.JPG

4. NorCal Cruizer

NorCal Cruizer Member

When I bought my customized ‘Red Red Cruizer’ 2 years ago, it already had the convertible conversion by Droptop Customs in Florida. A couple of month’s ago I bought a friend’s 2010 Plum Crazy ‘Mr. Norm’s’ 50th Anniversary GSS SRT8 and sent it to Droptop for a conversion. Just got it back and lovin’ it! (My 2013 Red R/T convertible is now for sale … $49,000 obo).

56CAC619-E6DD-4E8D-9A50-53E6578930FB.jpeg

NC20RT likes this.
  5. tjfrombama

tjfrombama Full Access Member

Congrats. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. DropTop Customs is a great place. There are only 2 things I would liked to have done differently. First, the switches for rear glass and top are aftermarket placed in the dash close to the hood latch. They could have easily used Charger switches in the doors for the glass and my now unused sunroof buttons for the top. It would have looked more factory. Then, there is the issue of the rear speakers. They used to be in the "hat rack" area behind the rear seats. They made brackets and mounted them to the floor behind the seats. Sounds OK but quite muffled with the top up. With the top down, the top totally covers them and they become useless. I will have to one day cut holes in the panels on either side of the rear seats and relocate them myself. I would think $18K would include these fixes. FYI.

6. NLisbon

NLisbon New Member

Mine are cut in nicely in the rear seat side panels and sound great.
    Thanks, Jeff.