24 months of muscle, including Direct Connection, Power Brokers, and Operation 25//8.

Discussion in 'Challenger News, Articles and Media Reviews' started by stingray, Nov 8, 2021.

1. stingray

stingray Full Access Member

How about producing more cars so we can get our 2022 and 2023 factory orders in?:rolleyes:

2. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Mopar Insiders has reported that Dodge CEO, Tim Kuniskis, stated two reasons why we aren’t seeing an expanded list of Direct Connection options: the ongoing semiconductor shortage and the federal government. Here are two quotes:

"“If we didn’t have a shortage of chips for the controllers and approval from the EPA right now, we’d have the stage kits really out there and available for sale right now. I’m hoping we have those in the next couple of weeks. We had a disruption in the supply chain with the chips for the controllers that are required in the ‘Pre-Stage Kit’ to make all of this work. We think we have that resolved now,” Kuniskis told MC&T. ”We should be getting those controllers in a couple of weeks. So, not stopped, just delayed because of supply issues.”

"We have the kits ready to go. The MAPs are done, the pulleys are ready, we can launch,” said Kuniskis. “But the problem is I don’t have the full stamp of approval of the EO certification from CARB yet, and why would I send it out without the CARB approval? That’s one of the differentiators between our factory warranty and EO certification.“

Kuniskis ensured the MC&T team that the kits “aren’t canceled, just delayed”.

Two Things Are Holding Up Dodge From Releasing Its Direct Connection Stage Kits! (moparinsiders.com)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. stingray

stingray Full Access Member

More stuff to spend $$$ on that doesn't work and marketing to get your $$$ so you have bragging rights.