AMSOIL Change Interval VS Dealer Service

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Maintenance' started by Hemi-Orange-SRT, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Hemi-Orange-SRT

Hemi-Orange-SRT New Member

I just bought my 2010 Hemi Orange SRT8 and want to switch to AMSOIL. The website says oil changes are ever 25,000 miles while I see that the dealer recommends every 6,000 miles. I know that 6,000 miles is recommended but AMSOIL is a much better oil than what the dealer usually uses. What is the best interval to go with?:hmmm2:

2. Storm Rider

Storm Rider Full Access Member

I change mine every 3K or 6 months. Whichever comes first and usually it is 6 months.

3. oknahs

oknahs Member

OIl change

25000 miles to change oil is a ridiculous claim. Consumer reviews did oil testing a few years back. The conclusion is synthetic oils last three time as long as conventional oils in normal highway driving. Under load such as towing and drag racing even synthetic needs to be changed at 2500-3000 miles. I use Mobil One extended range synthetic which is a 10000 mile oil under normal driving conditions. Cost at Walmart is 5 qt jug for $30 Fram 6x filiter $4 so for $34 bucks its a no brainer if you value your engine for longevity as I do. My vette, Jeep Commander, Optima Turbo and Elantra from day one use nothing but synthetic. With the Elantra 2002 turning 150k of city driving it runs like new and never a problem with emissions. Another note is rotation of tires religiously at 5000 miles (myself) and a trans change and filter every 50k along with service to the rear as recommended by DANA.
    Hope this helps.

4. Kraffte

Kraffte New Member