6.4L Another CAI question: JLT Series II (2011-18 6.4 Hemi cars) NEW 2018

Discussion in 'Challenger SRT8 Engine & Performance Modifications' started by 900312611, Oct 24, 2018.

1. 900312611

900312611 Member

I see JLT has a new CAI: JLT Series II (2011-18 6.4 Hemi cars) NEW 2018 (they make one for an R/T also); this looks very similar to a Roto Fab CAI for the Pontiac G8GT ( I had one)...anyway this looks like the hood liner would form a seal around the airbox (I called JLT and they confirmed the hood liner seal but hey they might say anything for a sale), and also replaces the accordion rubber connector with a smooth tube...also looks like you can use Hellcat tube from the headlight hole to the airbox.
    So the question is has anyone gotten one of these, or knows of anyone...thoughts on this particular CAI besides everyone shouting CAI's don't do anything?

2. Diehard

Diehard Full Access Member

CAI's don't do anything? just kidding

Saw it on the Beefcake site. Check with them also if you haven't already.

https://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/...ivcKbY5Pg9MRUyJOo7_GckZa4sluwudxoC0JQQAvD_BwE

The Video shows that hole in the front for the headlight inlet. It looks larger than the standard Hellcat hole. But I believe the lower box they sell for the shaker has a larger hole also, Just not sure if it's the same size and shape, so you could buy the connecting piece to fit properly.

Video link to youtube...

If you end up getting it, be sure to let us know what you think of it.

3. 900312611

900312611 Member

I am debating this; I already have the Hellcat bottom portion airbox and the tube from headlight hole to the airbox, which EVERYONE (including me is said the best bang for the buck), "BUT" this looks intriguing as the hood liner seal over the airbox should prevent hot air from engine compartment getting sucked into the box like you see in all the other systems...$300 for that "GO FAST SOUND" and maybe a silly little micro response.

4. Wizard of Iz

Wizard of Iz Full Access Member

IMG_2578.JPG

I opted to install the same Mopar CAI system that comes standard in the Challenger T/A models in my SRT.

Now the hood scoop is functional and routes the air into the airbag. Plus, it comes with a tube to the headlight.

Speaking of JLT .... that is their Catch Can that you see in the lower left portion of the picture. It seems to work very well.

IntimidatorRT likes this.
  5. 900312611

900312611 Member

I realize the manufacture must have made provisions, BUT then again, what happens to all the water the hood scoop "scoops" up during a heavy rain; where does all that water go...at least with the hellcat box what water that gets in through the headlight hole drops out the bottom of the air box.

Just how much did that whole set-up cost, and how easy/hard/long was the install?

6. Wizard of Iz

Water hasn't been an issue so far whether in a rain storm or when I wash the car each week. No idea exactly where it goes. The box that comes with this kit is also completely open at the bottom. So it's drawing air from below, from the headlight, and from the hood scoop.

I bought the kit back in mid-June from Steve White Motors through their ebay site. At that time it was about $600. However, is see that it's now listed on the ebay site as $699.

Installation was pretty straight forward and probably took about an hour. Maybe a tick longer.

7. 900312611

900312611 Member

Thanks...did you use the original under hood liner, or did you get the T/A hood liner along with the CAI...any mods/problems to the liner if you used your original one?

8. Wizard of Iz

I kept the stock SRT liner in place with no modifications. The instructions say to remove it or replace it with the T/A liner. Supposedly there’s a concern that leaving the SRT liner will cause the hood to sit a tad high on the left front corner. However mine sits perfectly flush.

My only scare was that my JLT catch can BARELY clears the duct work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. 900312611

900312611 Member

thanks