anyone else...

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by LEGENDARY70, Nov 1, 2022.

1. LEGENDARY70

LEGENDARY70 Full Access Member

Hello all.

OK. Where do I begin....

My stock POS radio (the sirius one) died like a year ago, would keep restarting over and over. I heard there was some sort of an ongoing lawsuit with these POS radios.

Anyway, when it did work, it worked fine. Could take phone calls etc. it would sound like crap but it worked.

I just replaced it with this radio.

Sony XAV-AX150 - Digital receiver - 7" Touch Screen Display - Double-DIN In-Dash Unit - 55 Watts x 4

Well it actually makes the sound much better BUT there is a major issue. I cannot hear anyone on the other end during a phone call, nothing comes out of the speakers. I can hear everything else like music via BT and wired through usb. I just cannot hear anyone during a phone call. The shop rechecked all the connections and nothing.

There are some articles stating that this radio focuses on the front speakers for voice and I have also read that the 2010 challenger also only uses the front for phone calls. IDK though.

Now when I play around with the balance and fade settings this is what happens (while playing music). When I fade to the front straight up no sound at all. When i move it halfway to the front between the front and left no sound. Same for the front right. When I fade to the left there is sound in the front and rear and same for the right. When I put it all the way to the rear there is sound in the front and back....not just the back. HMMMMM.

Any ideas why i cannot hear anything during calls?

thx

2. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

Do you hear the phone voice when you have the radio faded all the way to the rear? (when you hear both the front and rear speakers...)

3. LEGENDARY70

LEGENDARY70 Full Access Member

No. No voice at all from the front only, rear only or both.

4. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

Strange.. I have ideas on how to really help you. Almost seems like your original radio was wired through a pre-amp or subwoofer amp. (?) I know this is a far stretch and could be a waste of time, but for a process of elimination, did you try a different cellphone?

5. HellKitten

HellKitten Full Access Member

Try this, go to Crutchfield.com and put in your Challenger year and answer the questions about what stereo the vehicle had originally. See what they come up with for replacements. It may tell you your Sony is not compatible or not..