Anyone have problems with XM

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by FrankenMax, Mar 29, 2018.

1. FrankenMax

FrankenMax Full Access Member

When I bought my car I got 5 years of service as part of the deal. I drove the challenger for the fist time in a few weeks and my xm was off. No big deal, I called my wife let her know what was going on. She calls and they tell her the radio was not part of the deal only the navigation. She explained that it was part of the deal and we have it in writing. They won’t turn it back on unless I pay them more money. So she filed a complaint with the BBB. Xm calls her today and treated her like shit over this. I’m not going back to the dealership over this. I’d rather wash my mouth out with a led pill then deal with them people. Anyone else have issues like this with XM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Wizard of Iz

Wizard of Iz Full Access Member

My '11 Challenger, my '15 Challenger, and our '17 Durango all came with 5 years for the SiriusXM traffic information for the Nav, but only 1 year for the SiriusXM radio.

3. FrankenMax

The radio was worked in the deal with the navigation for 5 years for both.

4. Wizard of Iz

I think you'll have to get your dealer involved. Pretty sure that FCA's blanket deal with SiriusXM is for one year.

In other words .... the dealer might have promised something that they can't deliver because they don't control SiriusXM.

5. 10DYRT

10DYRT Full Access Member

I renewed my Challenger after 1 year the bill was double what they quoted me so cancelled it and got a refund only after threatening with legal
    action.
    Then on my 2016 Jeep the free for one year was only crap stations, about 10 only, I will not subscribe again.

6. FrankenMax

I would go back to the dealership over this but there’s not a chance I will get anywhere. I have a better chance of becoming a dog and giving birth to kittens. I had to sue the dealership over a unrelated issue with them.

7. Wizard of Iz

Call Dodge Cares and provide them with your written contract. Dodge doesn’t take kindly to their dealers lying to their customers.

Might be your only chance.

Four additional years worth of SiriusXM is worth just under $500. Worth a phone call

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. ZEN357

ZEN357 Full Access Member

I've never heard of over 1 year of free XM. Both mine and my wife's Challenger came with 1 year, that was all and we bought all the extended warranty stuff with it.

9. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

Same here, 1 year with Free XM/Sirius.... anything after that is gonna coast you, I only pay about $28 per 6 months subscription as I always threaten them to discontinue my service and they always come back to say we will off you what you already got. I do this with my 09 challenger cause I don't drive it much but when I do I usually just listen to classic vinyl or classic rewind deep tracks and one other station. I don't see why i need to pay $100 for all that considering during the winter the car doesn't get driven as much. but they pony up with the cheap package which i will agree to.

10. FrankenMax

I’m just dropping xm I’m not playing there games. I don’t drive the car very much at all. I have unlimited data on my phone. Xm can go pound sand.