Backup/Rearview Camera Replacement

Discussion in 'Challenger Audio/Video/Electronics Modifications' started by Gaberyl, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Gaberyl

Gaberyl New Member

This is my first post here, so forgive any negligence in replies or possible ambiguity in my language.

I have a 2016 Challenger SXT+ and the backup camera is not that great. My first taste of a Challenger was a 2018 SXT and its backup camera was very very good, but my baby's leaves a lot to be wanted. I am looking to replace it, but I am unsure what aftermarket backup cameras will fit inside the spoiler. I have found the part numbers for replacement cameras used in 2018+ Challengers, but I'm afraid to order it and get another garbage camera. I know I could send it back afterwards, but to waste my time removing and replacing the spoiler sounds like quite the annoyance.

What backup cameras are suggested? Chevy has some amazing backup camera quality and I want something like that, but their connectors aren't nearly the same as the Challengers, otherwise I'd nab myself one of those.

I'm looking for the closest to plug'n'play as possible. I'm okay with having to use adhesives, fasteners, etc, but would rather not tamper with the opening for the camera lens itself. I appreciate any and all suggestions, thank you in advance.

2. stingray

stingray Full Access Member

Costco sells a wireless back up camera that is in the license plate frame. It comes with its own little monitor and camera in license plate frame. Easy set up just pair the two. I don't know if it is as good as the factory wired cameras but it's better than no camera.

3. Gaberyl

Gaberyl New Member

I already do have a camera, though, and I'm looking to replace the one I currently have inside the spoiler. I appreciate the suggestion anyway.

stingray likes this.