Blacked-out tail light options

Discussion in 'Challenger Exterior Modifications Forum' started by Katshot, Jun 23, 2020.

1. 2017 Redline HC

2017 Redline HC 2021 Durango RT

I agree that tail light tinting could be hazardous. I only did the reverse light section and reflectors.
    The guy that did my stripes was telling me one of his tint techs tinted his tail lights and 3 weeks later was rear ended.

2. Katshot

Katshot Full Access Member

I agree except for the issue of tinting. Never had tinted windows until I moved to Florida. Down here, tinting is really needed.

3. TRCM

TRCM Full Access Member

OK...agree to disagree...LOL

I was born in and lived the 1st 20 yrs of my life down in Florida....and still do not and did not tint my windows for the aforementioned reasons....

I DID make sure the AC worked......

4. Wizard of Iz

Wizard of Iz Full Access Member

That's a great point!

Agreed! Tint is the last thing I ask the dealer for as a part of every deal. I never go as dark as legal ... just enough to keep the car a little cooler.

5. scott campbell

scott campbell Active Member

i recently ordered and am waiting for a tint kit from luxe,i have changed all my lighting to led so its as bright as i can find,so hopefully you can still see my tail lights good,if they aren't visible enough i will remove them.i have tinted headlights and know people can see them but i don't know how well i can see as i haven't driven in the dark since i installed them i will post a pic once tint is complete

6. TRCM

TRCM Full Access Member

I'd get a kick out of guys on the Ram forum ....complaining about that their head lights & fog lights not being bright enough to see at night, and then they go and put tint on them so they are even dimmer......

7. Katshot

Katshot Full Access Member

Tinting your lights...ANY lights is dangerous. That being said, I'd be one heck of a hypocrite if I tried to preach safety above all sitting here with a perpetual stiff neck due to 4 fused vertebrae. :rolleyes:

8. scott campbell

luxe1.jpg luxe2.jpg recently installed rear tail light tint kit from luxe and its not nearly as dark as i thought it would be, not sure if I'm going to keep it on, it was dark stealth but you can barely see it, easy to put on thou.

9. 2017 Redline HC

2017 Redline HC 2021 Durango RT

What shade did you get? They have several tints available.

10. scott campbell

i got dark stealth,which was the darkest that would let light through i thought,cause i wanted to see a little go through and the brighter would be around the edges of the lights. although i have really bright turn signals and brake lights,the middle taillights art nearly as bright,i may try the ones from american muscle thought there shipping and exchange rate is pretty high

luxe3.jpg