Buyback Title Pricing Question

Discussion in 'Prospective Challenger Owners Forum' started by Cloud, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Cloud

Cloud New Member

I've been looking for a used challenger SXT plus with blacktop, all black and a few other packages. I've only found one car that has exactly what I wanted online, about a 4 hour drive away. (Not fun) The price was alluring at first, marked at $20,950 MSRP for a 2016 SXT plus with blacktop, convenience group, super track pak, a sunroof, and an 8.4 screen with nav. Only 14,000 miles on it. BUT I found a buyback on the carfax, branding the title based off of a "steering concern". The dealer told me they had to replace the front wheel bearing and a hubcap. My initial call with the dealership they told me they generally don't budge on prices and that it's already been marked down thousands of dollars. The carfax tells me it's been on the lot for at least two months now. I'm not taking the risk of a lemon car without getting a great deal... There's a 2015 sxt plus near my location without really any packages marked at $19,300 with a clean title. How much should the branded title affect the offer I'll give them, any suggestions?

2. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

well i never heard of a v6 model getting the super track pack added to it. I know when my wife had her 2011 SE rally. it had all the RT suspension, RT dual exhaust and 20" chrome clads. but that was it.

3. arizonajack

arizonajack Full Access Member

A 4 year old (almost 5) car with 14,000 miles and a buyback. My instinct (50 years of buying cars) says run away from it as fast as you can.

How can you tell when a car dealer lies? His lips move. Seriously, I wouldn't believe anything a dealer "tells" me.

How many miles on it?

Other than not buying it at all? A lot. Maybe take a chance on it for $15,000 (subject to documentation) but that's it. You might be enamored by the car and overlook the brand. But when you go to sell it you will have reason to regret it.