Challengers Outsells Camaro in 1st Quarter 2021

Discussion in 'Challenger News, Articles and Media Reviews' started by SRT-Tom, Apr 7, 2021.

1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

The Camaro, which starts $3,000 cheaper than the Challenger and $2,000 cheaper than the Mustang, has managed to be outsold by both of its rivals. Outsold is an understatement, it's gotten destroyed with both the Challenger and Mustang outselling the Camaro 2:1.

The Camaro only sold 7,089 units in the first quarter of 2021. For reference, the C8 Corvette has sold 6,611 units, which probably explains where a few of the top-dollar Camaro buyers ended up. Still, that number is completely trounced by GM's cross-town rivals.

Starting with Ford, the Mustang sold 17,274 units, and no those don't count the Mach-E. Ford retains the best-selling crown out of the three, but Dodge isn't too far behind. Even though the Challenger has not been redesigned since 2016, it has enjoyed a long list of special editions and upgrades that keep buyers in the dealership, and it shows because Dodge managed to sell 15,096 units for in the first quarter of 2021- up 24% from the previous year. Aggressive advertising works!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    NC20RT likes this.
  2. hillarysmith720

hillarysmith720 New Member

Beautiful piece of art

3. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

Challenger, Mustang, Camaro is my personal ranking as well. My thoughts have not changed in quite a few years and I am not partial to any particular brand. I have all 3, although getting old.