Changes to 2021 Challenger?

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by MoparMadness, Aug 20, 2021.

1. MoparMadness

MoparMadness Active Member

Looking at some 2021 Scat Pack listings and window stickers I noticed a couple of changes:

• Technology Group- On some vehicle no longer offers Forward Collision Warning and Adaptive Speed Control but only Automatic High Beams and Rain-Sensitive Wipers- Due to parts /chip shortages?
    • Scat Pack Logo on front fender now includes 392 below the bee- Why- What changed
    Anyone have a line on the reason for these changes? Thanks!

2. Wizard of Iz

Wizard of Iz Full Access Member

Cars with a Manual transmission can't have Adaptive Cruise / Forward Collision Warning.

My 2015 SRT 392, 6-speed car is a Manual with the Technology Group and has neither of those features.

3. menarda

menarda Member

The bumblebee Scatpack fender emblem has always (since 29015) had the '392' engine call-out below it unless the car is a shaker in which case the fender bumblebee is solo with the 392 badge and a 'HEMI' after it placed on the shaker lid.

The only exception I've noticed is on my 50th anniversary shaker which has a subdued (no color, just silver) solo fender bumblebee and no badges on the shaker lid.

4. stingray

stingray Full Access Member

Any thing different on the upcoming 2022/2023 Challenger SPWB?

5. menarda

menarda Member

I have noticed that the 21's have an optional driver seat memory position (A/B), everything else looked unchanged from 20 besides colors and stripe combo's. Like a SP shaker can now be optioned with red or black R/T Classic side stripes.

It might be a little early to know changes for 22 without an insider chiming in.

stingray likes this.
  6. stingray

Well they kept the old fashion parking brake so as far as more electronic stuff like driver seat memory won't do me any good as I am the only driver. I would actually prefer manual seats and or go as much as possible with non powered items because those are the things that go wrong in the long run if you keep your cars a long time.

The way things are going the next model will be here, the 2022 Challenger SPWB that will be available to do a factory order without price gouging because of this micro-chip shortage. Everything is tied up right now with no prediction when chip shortage will end?:facepalm::think:.
    Definitely now is not a good time to purchase any vehicle.:Angry::angry94:

7. Monte M Popham

Monte M Popham Member

Does the chip shortage effect only certain options or does it include not being able to get new 2021s ?

8. stingray

Can't get a car that functions.

9. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

I agree. My 2009 SRT is relatively basic, compared to a 2021 model.

stingray likes this.
  10. Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran Full Access Member

2021 SPWB have SRT on the calipers with little brembo. New for 21