Collector car?

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by MrMajestical, Dec 21, 2017.

1. MrMajestical

MrMajestical Active Member

I just bought a 2010 R/T. Has the 5.7 with a 6-speed third pedal. Detonator Yellow. Been doing some research because the Chevy Dealer I bought it from said the car was special. It had 16,300 miles at purchase.
    From what I found, it appears the car is an R/T with SRT8 options.
    It has 20" forged alum rims, auto dim rear view mirror, U-connect sound, remote trunk release, heated leather seats.. Just curious if anyone can tell me if the car is rare or what? Already know only around 260 R/T DY 6-speeds were made. Curious about the suspected SRT8 parts..

2. mikesrtclassic

mikesrtclassic Member

You haven't given enough info about the SRT parts. My RT classic had 20 inch Alloy wheels, heated seats, 6 speed, up graded rear end (same as SRT) auto dim, u connect, traction control full off etc. Sounds like he was just selling. You probably have the super track pack also. Sounds like a great car. Loved my RT and still love it even though I sold it. It was a very well balanced car with lots of MOPAR goodies on it. I now own a 2017 Corvette but that Muscle car was a special vehicle.

3. MrMajestical

MrMajestical Active Member

Yes, I found a link in a post to decode the VIN, got all the std and option equipment specs. Car is highly optioned non-the-less. Thanks for your reply..

4. 10DYRT

10DYRT Full Access Member

Unfortunately it is not a collector as Dodge made thousands of them in Detonator Yellow, around here some of them were never driven until the last couple of years. Now I seem to see one every other day, but with the mods I have done none are close to looking like mine.

5. Fourbynut

Fourbynut New Member

Could you share the link to decode what your cars options were. I would also like to check that out.

Thanks....

6. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Because the current Challenger production run is now in its 11th year, there are way too many of them. (The original Challenger run, from 1970-1974, lasted only 5 years and those cars were drivers- no garage queens). Very few Challenger will become collectible in 25 years, with the exception of the Demon, Hellcat and some other SRTs.

7. William Thacher

William Thacher Active Member

Finished #5.jpg Hoping my 2017 "drop-top" will.

BurntRT likes this.
  8. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Wow, super nice car. This is what Dodge should have offered from the factory. How much did that conversion cost?

9. William Thacher

William Thacher Active Member

Flat Fee was $18,000

10. Astronomer

Astronomer New Member

It's a real beauty! Where did you have it done?