Color changing Haylo's kit install

Discussion in 'Challenger Exterior Modifications Forum' started by mrchallenger61, Sep 4, 2017.

1. mrchallenger61

mrchallenger61 Member

Would like to know if anybody else has bought Diode Dyamics Halo color changing circuit board kit with remote controler. I ordered the kit and then heard that you have to take off the front bumper and grill to get the headlight housings out of the car. Is there any truth to this? If so then I guess Im in for a long saturday working on my baby.

2. mrchallenger61

mrchallenger61 Member

So I guess no one has installed these before. I called the company and they said I have to remove the front bumper assembly to get to the headlight housings. has anybody taken off the front bumper?

3. ScatPack392

ScatPack392 Member

Got to this YouTube link for Defender series splitter install. Great video on how to remove the front bumper clip in it.

mrchallenger61 likes this.
  4. mrchallenger61

mrchallenger61 Member

Thanks I just ran across this also. It really helps. I guess Ill give it a shot.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Well-Known Member Staff Member Administrator

Wow. Did you get it installed? Lot of work to get the wiring in.

6. mrchallenger61

mrchallenger61 Member

I had to pull the front bumper and valance off witch took about 45 minutes. after that taking the heads apart took some time. had to use a heat gun to soften the glue. After that it was easy to install the circuit boards and run the wires. I have always told myself if I ever own a Challenger I want these lights. I love the look and I have the option to run the lights white just like OEM so no one knows I have color changing lights. Was it worth the effort?? I say yes. The remote is touch sensitive and works great.