Correct me if I'm in wrong forum! Question-tire pressure

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Maintenance' started by BunnyMom, Feb 13, 2022.

1. BunnyMom

BunnyMom Full Access Member

Light is still on. Tires all now 34 PSI, drove back road and highways, no change.

2. BunnyMom

Light came on after running on highway for about a half hour. No change after making sure each tire was correctly filled.

3. BunnyMom

4. TRCM

TRCM Full Access Member

I understand...but that is a generic site, and is NOT challenger or even Dodge specific.

It also say NOTHING about runflat tires...

You must have gone to this site https://warningsigns.net/dodge-chal...ing/#dodge-challenger-runflat-indicator-(RPA)

...and even in the paragraph explaining the symbol, it only talks about the TPMS, not runflat tires at all....

If you look at that site, they just added 'Dodge Challenger" in front of a bunch of symbols.....like Dodge Challenger Rear Fog Lights....no such thing exists....but they claim there is a dashboard symbol for it on a challenger.

If you go there, and change 'challenger' to 'charger' or 'durango' in the link above, it shows the same symbol, but now it's is for a charger or durango and it is for TPMS...which is correct.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    BunnyMom likes this.
  5. SomewhereinTexas

SomewhereinTexas Member

If your car is a 2010 then the TPMS could be as much as 12 yrs old, if they are original. Useful life is more like 8-10 yrs max! If you replace them, make sure you do all 4 of them! Most/all people do not buy new TPMS when they put on new wheels and this is the result.

BunnyMom and NC20RT like this.
  6. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

^^^ Excellent response. I've had the TPMS fail much sooner than that in another car.

BunnyMom, You have done everything correct thus far except checking the TPMS. A local reputable tire shop will be able to help you out.

I'm trying to remember what I paid for mine on another vehicle. I am guessing $50 each or $200 for the full 4 tire change. That cost is why so many owners 'skip' buying them. On another note, since the tires will be off, make sure the date codes are OK on those tires you have. If over 5 years, think about a replacement set since the tires will be off already.

I know it's tough when you get a 'new' vehicle but once you square everything away, you will be fine. Best of luck!

BunnyMom likes this.
  7. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

BunnyMom, First, an apology for the sarcastic comment you received earlier. That doesn't happen often on this forum.
    I agree with NC20RT that you should go to a reputable tire dealer to have the TPMS circuit tested. They'll be able to tell you what's wrong and if you need replacement TPMS sensors they will be less expensive than at a dealer. I've had good luck with Discount Tire in my area and the TPMS sensors usually run $50-$60.
    Several things are at play here:
    1. You have after marker 22" wheels and tires. Not sure if your fault light came on within a day or so of buying the car or if you've owned it awhile. Sometimes people elect not to install tpms sensors when they change over to new wheels. Depending on the tpms style, it may be hard to visually tell if you have them.
    2. Those "run Flat" tires are also aftermarket, your car didn't come with them, so the fault light is for TPMS - nothing to do with run flats. I'm reaching here, but maybe the internal design of the run flat tires don't allow for tpms sensors. (?) Someone more knowledgeable on the subject could verify.
    A good tire dealer will be able to help you out. Good luck!

BunnyMom and NC20RT like this.
  8. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

I think we lost BunnyMom. That's too bad. So few active users as it is.

BunnyMom likes this.
  9. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

Hope you're wrong... we need more active members.

BunnyMom likes this.
  10. stingray

stingray Full Access Member

Sure do need alot more members.:33::jawdrop::lol:

BunnyMom likes this.