Decal to Paint Question

Discussion in 'Challenger Exterior Modifications Forum' started by Hopslayer, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Hopslayer

Hopslayer Full Access Member

I have to drive mine year round in Minnesota where they salt the roads. I try to wash it every week, and it would be much easier to use a mechanical car wash. I plan on going with the black stripes. The only thing I am concerned about is whether I should take them off myself, or if the painter would need to tape around them to duplicate exactly what I have?

2. ZEN357

ZEN357 Full Access Member

I actually like the red, but with Gloss Black lettering on the Red Stripes. Like I said, just offer my opinion. I'm not a stripe person. I always perferred a solid color vehicle, but that's just me.

IMG_20181006_150919.jpg

Hopslayer likes this.
  3. Hopslayer

I thought mine was too plain from the side. I think I will go with the black, but put a red circle with my nickname in black lettering on the back fender, where it is now.

4. 70-426_10-SRT

70-426_10-SRT Full Access Member

Me too

Hopslayer likes this.
  5. Hopslayer

I have 1 more place to check, but it looks like I may end up just sticking with the decals. Between the two estimates I got, the cost would be $1000-$1400 to replicate the decals with paint, and after looking them over again they really weren’t in bad shape. A buddy of mine owns a body shop and I stopped out there today. She thought they could do it without the lettering, but he was in South Dakota dropping off parts for the engine of a 1970 Challenger he’s restoring.