Does anyone have BOTH the Challenger & Charger??

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by NC20RT, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Glenn

Glenn New Member

I owned a 2006 Charger RT when they first came out and drove it for 13 years. Traded that in for a 2019 Challenger RT. The first years of the Charger (2006->) definitely had a "big" feel to them compared to a current Challenger. But, the interior is a lot more snug than the Charger was and like was mentioned above, the wheelbase and weight make a surprising difference in handling and feel. Granted, my Charger's rear end didn't cut loose at much as the Challenger's and I'm not talking about trying to spin it :)

NC20RT likes this.
  2. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

^^^ Thanks for that Glenn. Spot on compared to my own experience.

3. Bruce Everett

Bruce Everett Member

I have a 2020 Challenger Scat Pack and a 2020 Charger R/T. The Charger does seem slightly larger to drive and I'm not sure why. I've never compared the specs between the two. The Charger cockpit seems smaller than the Challenger, the Charger rear area is much larger and the Charger trunk is much smaller. I find the Charger much handier for running for groceries and picking up the grand kids but it just doesn't compare to the fun I have with the Challenger 392. I also prefer the Challenger design.

NC20RT likes this.