Evaporator Core in 2014 Challenger

Discussion in 'Challenger Mechanical Problems Forum | TSB's' started by Anita G, Jun 25, 2019.

1. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

I just looked up the exclusions from my contract and the fourth exclusion states:
    "Repair or replacement of any covered component when it has been determined that the condition existed prior to purchasing the plan."
    So no waiting period. The only way I think they could validate a prior condition is if it was noted by a dealer as an issue so it would show up in the service history. (like providing the estimate to repair)

2. HemiFeverAZ

HemiFeverAZ Full Access Member

[​IMG]

Mine wasn’t bad but with new install I replaced I went with CSR there very reputable brand
    Side not cost is high they remove the number cover to pull an install. Along with recharge

Oem is pricy side note mine is a 6speed srt8
    Has a external he steering cooler
    The oem condenser has a built in transmission cooler an ps cooler which are not used in my application just plugged off

Also the dryer is part of the condenser

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anita G likes this.
  3. magicmintz

magicmintz Member

Hello, If you are interested in a Mopar Extended Factory Warranty go to Ziegler Mopar warranties. They are a FCA dealer. Best prices for Mopar Extended warranties offering several options and 18 months financing. They are much cheaper than your local FCA dealer.

4. MrMajestical

MrMajestical Active Member

Hi Anita, first off, do you have dual zone climate control? That is the only way I can think you'd get cold air on one side and warm on the other. The evaporator either works or it doesn't. I would suspect a faulty blend door if you have standard AC. I would take the car into AutoZone and have them do a scan on it. If they have a proper tool it will read the body control/climate control module and maybe show a code so then you can research that.
    Going to the dealer is a last resort. Appearently you're car is not under warantee or you wouldn't be paying. Do some googling and find a couple good AC shops and get some quotes.

Anita G likes this.
  5. MrMajestical

MrMajestical Active Member

I should have said too.. If they said the evap is bad, then that means it has a hole, at which point all the freon goes and no cold air at all. The only other issue is they get dirty and plug up, and you get little to no airflow thru them. That just requires a cleaning. If the condensate tube is blocked, the water has no where to go and builds up and will leak on the floor board.

Anita G likes this.