Experience/Advice on Satin Finish?

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger Cleaning and Detailing Forum' started by K9menace, Jul 18, 2017.

1. K9menace

K9menace New Member

Hi All,
    I just bought a T/A 392 which has the satin finish on the hood, roof, and trunk. It came with a bunch of instructions on what to do (and not do). I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with this finish and any advice?
    thanks!

2. big challenge

big challenge Member

I can't say I have experience with satin finish, I'll watch for pointers myself. Until i'm sure I'll just be extra careful not to scrub!

3. kiss1962

kiss1962 Member

I never received any instructions on how to take care of my T/A can you post.TIA
    What I tried and didn't like the results are from Chemical Guys Matte Finish Sealant .It left a Grayish spots all over the Matte Finish and I had to Remove it with Isopropyl Alcohol .What a waste of time and Money!!

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator Staff Member

Have you tried any of those what to do's yet? What are the what to do's on your list?

5. big challenge

big challenge Member

I've only washed the car once in two weeks since purchase. We're in our rainy season(almost daily). I used very little soap and wash mit, light drying with clean micro fiber towels. I noticed I have dealer installed Dow protectant on the finish. Not sure what that is. Some kind of clear pat I guess.