H-Pipe Resonator Delete

Discussion in 'Challenger R/T Engine & Performance Modifications' started by Bacon Sandwich, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Moparisto

Moparisto Full Access Member

Sure is cheaper than paying to be an advertiser.
    upload_2022-8-8_17-19-10.png

upload_2022-8-8_17-20-48.png

2. 70-426_10-SRT

70-426_10-SRT B&E body lover

unlike someone who had over 300 post in less than 2-months
    and has not posted a pic of his Challenger?

Back - Off

Moparisto-321.jpg

RyansRT, NC20RT and B5blueRT like this.
  3. baccaruda

baccaruda Full Access Member

thanks for the pics and good info, "good job" .

RyansRT likes this.
  4. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

I highly doubt that was RyansRT's agenda. He was nice enough to post his experience with a Solo exhaust on his 5.7L / A8 Challenger. I (for one) appreciated his post. I've been kicking around replacing my stock system with a Flowmaster American Thunder but am a little worried about the drone. There have been several good posts on the Flowmaster system from forum members but not as much on the Solo. This helps.
    Your responses at times can be enough to stop members from posting or even leave the forum. Please think before you post.... thanks in advance.

RyansRT, 70-426_10-SRT and NC20RT like this.
  5. RyansRT

RyansRT Active Member

@Moparisto

I quoted the OPs original post for your reading comprehension skills, as my post falls in line with answering his question regarding his H pipe request. He may not be interested in buying an entire Cat Back system, but that is his choice.

Buying an entire cat back system that you are not 100% satisfied with is a serious gut punch, I know as I have done it. I have installed all my exhaust work myself I am not paying someone to do that and the SOLO system actually fits all the OPs requirements.

Seeing as how you feel the necessity to make some off comment on things I have posted, try at least to stay on topic and not ramble off and get lost, and stop the false accusations!

For the record, when products are really good I am sure other Challenger owners would like to know, and if this is free advertising for SOLO, I am proud to do it! Ry :)

B5blueRT and NC20RT like this.
  6. RyansRT

RyansRT Active Member

My concern is that X and H combination is going to increase flow resistance which increases back pressure, that may be good if the engine needs that back pressure, but if it doesn't it will hurt the overall performance.

I just went through that when I swapped my Magnaflow X Pipe cat back to the SOLO H Pipe cat back. The X pipe was actually hurting my overall performance which I was testing using the Challengers performance pages running 0 ~ 60 times. As a measurement tool and running tests as close to the same outside temperatures as possible.

The times were worse with the X pipe setup than the H pipe setup. I have no clue how bad it would be to have both crossovers on the same engine exhaust.

7. Moparisto

Moparisto Full Access Member

I noted that an account that existed for 0 to 1 days had somehow managed to tout a product on this forum.

While not all things that walk like a duck, quack like a duck, and swim like a duck may be ducks, some of them are. Looking at something and pointing out that it is walking like a duck, quacking, and swimming like a duck is not an accusation. I gave up on responding to or even noticing such things, for the most part, if they are aimed at myself.

I also didn't use any snide or insulting language about you, or anyone else.

I pointed out an account that had existed about as long as it took to tout a product. It reminded me of many "one-post-wonders" on here who show up, ask a question, then evidently vanish without any indication they even looked at any answers or were even alive any longer, or ever were. I have even seen a "spontaneous product touting post" echoed, evidently word for word, picture for picture, on multiple forums. Some people may just be excited about some product they have tried, for certain.

I am not arguing against the merits of the exhaust system. I know crossover pipes could be done better than anyone in the entire industry does them, but ground clearance is the usual obstacle, along with cost. Big trucks with far less horsepower use far larger exhaust systems, but their flow is far less pulsed, being after a turbocharger, but I have still observed the smoke from a big rig pulsing from the twin stacks even though it was rather quiet at WOT.

8. RyansRT

RyansRT Active Member

I joined here to help other Challenger owners, simple as that, I don't know what you joined for!

70-426_10-SRT and NC20RT like this.