Has anyone removed a 6 speed from a 2009-2014 R/T?

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Maintenance' started by JonF305, Apr 5, 2022.

1. JonF305

JonF305 Member

My 2011 6 speed R/T has the dreaded sticky clutch spline syndrome. Parking it with the park brake on definitely helps with sticking shifter sticking in first or reverse when parked but it is pretty sticky when driving too. It's bad enough that after driving in any gear for an extended time or especially on the highway in 6th gear for several miles I have to double clutch to get it out of 6th and down shift. Shifting up and down through the gears on acceleration and deceleration is OK. The clutch works normally otherwise, engages smoothly at mid travel and I have already changed the trans gear oil, which was clean and red already. I bought this car used in July 2021 with 111,000 miles and it seems to have been very well taken care of. It was a one owner female owned car.

I want to pull the transmission and clean the splines on the input shaft and the clutch plates and install the special grease which I have already purchased. Question is can I just pull the trans out by itself or do I have to pull the bellhousing with it. Does the transmission even detach from the bellhousing? I've searched and cant really find the answer here. I was hoping to "flat rate it" and not have to open up the clutch hydraulic system and have to bleed it. But if I do, it's not the end of the world, it probably needs flushed anyway.

Has anyone ever done this themselves?

2. 70-426_10-SRT

70-426_10-SRT B&E body lover

Have only changed the oil in my M6 every 25k miles,
    Have not pulled the trans yet