Hi from Nevada

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Model maker, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Model maker

Model maker Full Access Member

HI everyone, I have been looking at this site a few days now and decided to join. I will be purchasing a new 2013 Challenger R/T soon and want to find out all I can in order to make an informed decision. I will be posting any questions in the correct forums and will also be searching for answers that may have already been posted. I am going to take a look around and look forward to seeing you on these forums.
    Model maker

2. Storm Rider

Storm Rider Full Access Member

Welcome to the forum and good luck on your new R/T.

3. Model maker

Thank you, I am trying to fiqure out exactly what I want option wise and what I don't need. the R/Ts have different levels from R/T to classic and they are equipped differently I just don't want to have things that I will not use.
    Bert

4. Rod_R

Rod_R Full Access Member

When looking for my R\T, I was going through the same thing. I ended up going with an R\T Classic and figured I'd do without was the Nav system, the t-handle shifter, and the cool pedals. Well, it didn't take long after I got it that I upgraded my shifter and pedals. I wish it was as easy (and cost effective) to upgrade the Nav system. What I'm trying to say is, if you have it, you will use it. So instead, try to focus on what you can't do without and what you may want later.

5. Model maker

Thanks Rod, I heard the navigation is not very good compared to a portable unit, a guy from cudaChallenger .com said it was not very good in his car. I will heed your advice and do that. I can't find a 2013 R/T around here let alone in white, I am not sure if I can still order a 13 from the factory but will check with the local dealer here. I don't even know what 2014 holds for the Challenger and I don't want to get a 13 with miles on it. How did you break yours in ? the last vehicle I bought new was my GMC Sierra in 03 and I broke it in exactly as the owners manual said and it has been an excellent truck. I know some challengers on dealer lots get abused by some people who have no interest in buying but want to test drive them hard.. If I had the dealer locate one they may have it driven over from California and I am sure the driver will drive it hard because it is not his.
    Bert

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Well-Known Member Staff Member Administrator

Are you just looking for white? Is that the only color you want?

Welcome to the forum btw! :waytogo:

7. Model maker

Yes, White, I talked with the dodge dealer here and they found 2 in California that are still in transit to 2 dealerships there and they say they can have one of them delivered to them here in Nevada. 1 has a sunroof & the other doesn't. I will think about that choice to see if I even want a sunroof, as it is not a priority for me. With the automatic transmission the invoice says it has 306 rear end gears. I don't think the automatics have a gear ratio choice.
    Bert

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Well-Known Member Staff Member Administrator

Are you wanting any strips? When would you be able to pick up the car if you decided?

9. Model maker

my local dealer here found 2 in calif and said his driver could go get it and bring it back to Nevada. the dealer has to give the calif dealer a car in trade. the calif dealer cars are still on transit from the factory however I am a little nervous having someone else put 300 miles on it to get it here. Oh, no stripes just solid white. I am meeting with the dealer here tomorrow to talk this over more.

10. jonmandude

jonmandude Full Access Member

welcome and congrats on the decision. I picked up my R/T Classic fully loaded. I didn't want to look back and say "I should have got that". I guess my view was it was better to have it and not use it, than to want it and not have it.

I had mine driven over from Michigan (I am in Wisconsin). Most dealers use very responsible "mature" drivers. They take better care than you probably will actually. Often they will drive the car at the speed limit or just below the whole way and take great care in no damage. I even got a report on the MPG the driver achieved.