Hi from Nevada

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Model maker, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Storm Rider

Storm Rider Full Access Member

Glad to hear you are getting your ride. Things fell in place for you and your dealer stepped up.

2. Model maker

Model maker Full Access Member

I should be getting it this week. it just came off the truck in calif. and as of today had to still be ' P.D.I ed which is getting it prepped & unwrapped so at least I will know it will not be test driven. they are holding it for my dealer to pick up.
    Bert

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Well-Known Member Staff Member Administrator

Nice. Congrats on the getting it. Make sure you post alot of pics of it when you get it!

4. Model maker

YES I picked her up yesterday and the thought that I can think is WOW !!!! My salesman sat with me in the Challenger & explained everything it has & that it will do. I have a 2003 GMC Sierra 4 X 4 and I THOUGHT, it had all the modern convienences & technology, BUT, once inside & driving the Challenger, I changed that thinking right then & there. All I can say you guys is WOW Buying the 2013 Challenger R/T was one of the best decisions I have EVER made. I think that those of you that bought your Challenger have had this very good feeling when you picked up yours & driving it for the first time. I could hardly sleep last night. When I picked it up, I took a nice long drive & went up to An old silver mining town called "VIRGINIA CITY" of the TV show " BONANZA . It looks just as it did in the 1800s. there was a motorcross championship race going on and the streets were closed and blocked off & trying to find a way around to go home, I had people looking taking double takes & looks from a lot of people & some people asked me if they could take a picture standing next to my Challenger. That and a lot of thumbs up gestures from people & I cannot begin to tell you what a GREAT feeling that is. I am still learning all of the things my new challenger can do & has to offer. I want to thank everyone here for all of the help & information. This is an R/T however, it has been optioned with everything that comes with the "R/T PLUS" so I guess I can say that I have an "R/T PLUS" The 5 speed autostick with the paddle shifters is beyond words that I can find. More to come & pictures also soon. the feeling of pride I feel while looking out over the powerful hood is wonderful. Now comes even more fun as I add the original style Challenger & R/T badges to both fenders, grille & rear spoiler . I also want to add the old style letters that spell out " D O D G E " on the front of the hood just like they did in 1970. Again, THANK YOU ONE & ALL for your help. I am happy that Dodge decided to leave off that ram emblem on the nose of the challengers.
    BERT
    MODEL MAKER

5. jonmandude

jonmandude Full Access Member

Congrats. And that feeling doesn't seem to go away. Now in my 3rd year of being her caretaker and still at full enjoyment.

6. Storm Rider

Congrats and that feeling never goes away. Can't wait to see your pics.

7. Model maker

I have been enjoying her a lot. when I take a ride to the store, it takes me a LOT longer to get back home. I have the vanishing point movie soundtrack plus an extended version of that music I burned onto a Cd for longer play. I also have the movie on CD from the DVD that I had a program on my computer called " AUDIO RIPPER" I can listen to the movie as I am driving on HWY 50 east close to where the movie was filmed here in Nevada. I have been getting some thumbs up from people especially on motorcycles.
    Bert

8. Storm Rider

Keep enjoying your ride. The thumbs up never stop also.

9. Model maker

How long have you been enjoying the thumbs up rides storm rider ? I have my Challenger in the lighted garage where my 2003 GMC SIERRA 4 X 4 was always parked. I have found my self looking looking at it during both day & night from the laundry room entrance that leads into the lighted garage, and closing my eyes & opening them to see this beautiful white challenger R/T sitting in MY garage. I tell you storm rider, THAT, is a GREAT feeling ! I still have to "pinch " myself to see if I am dreaming.
    Bert

10. Model maker

Storm rider, I found the window sticker that my salesman had folded neatly and put away with some other dealer to dealer information fact sheets that the customer rarely if at all, ever sees. These things were folded neatly in the glove box and this is my first time seeing the window sticker. I had seen the dealer to dealer documents that translated everything the Challenger had however I had purchased the R/T that had an option package that had the same options that the R/T plus has. Well, the window sticker identifies the challenger as a " CHALLENGER R/T PLUS " So I DO have an R/T PLUS and for the price of an R/T, I am pretty happy about that !