I think my heater is possessed...

Discussion in 'Challenger Mechanical Problems Forum | TSB's' started by Back4more, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Back4more

Back4more New Member

I just picked up a 2009 R/T 6 spd. The dealer is going to take the car to their electrician tomorrow, but before that happens, I'm curious if my issue has happened to anyone else.

Upon first start up after an hour or so of sitting, the yellow light on the vent selector knob (far right) flashes for a bit before going out.

After that, its totally random if the temperature control knob (Center) works at all. Most of the time, it blows only hot or really hot air... even with the A/C activated and that light on.

The only time the system functions properly is if I get about 10 seconds of a clicking/grinding noise from under the dash (very close to the steering column). IF that happens, the system (heat, a/c, vent location, etc.) all works normally. But so far, I've only had that happen 3 or 4 times.

Just looking for some info/advice.

2. raymond5527

raymond5527 Member

Sounds like the blend gates are going bad. The blend gate are the flaps that open and close to let hot or cold air at certain temp setting.