Interesting Challengers

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by arizonajack, May 29, 2021.

1. arizonajack

arizonajack Full Access Member

2. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

I enjoy the creativity displayed by these owners. It must be nice to have that kind of $$$ for personal mods. Now will someone else appreciate those mods and pay those prices??

3. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

The price on the convertible isn't all that bad considering what you'd be getting.
    The Super Bird on the other hand hurts my eyes to look at. I like what they did to the taillights but the side exhaust, rear diffuser, side blackout areas and the long front end doesn't float my boat. Someone will buy it since it's unique.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2021
  4. 68MOPAR

68MOPAR Full Access Member

Shaq lives locally. He had his Challenger modified to a convertible, and said that it leaks everywhere.

5. arizonajack

arizonajack Full Access Member

I was briefly tempted to offer my Viper in trade for the convertible. Not too concerned about rain leaking in Phoenix but I would certainly take a hose to the car before buying.

Did he have the conversion done by DropTop in Florida?

6. tjfrombama

tjfrombama Full Access Member

Mine has never leaked. And if it was done by Drop Top Customs in Florida, if you have issues they will fix. Just a pain to get it back and forth to them. So far, no issues for me tho. The $18K mod was well worth it. Kinda wanted a hellcat, but I had a 71 Panther Pink and Black Challenger drop top back in the day so I had to realize most of my dream again. My '71 ran 12.40s in the quarter at 110 mph. I doubt this one will get out of the 13s. I have only did a cat back and a K&N filter in the stock air box. I may wait until an electric drivetrain is available and do something like that for power.

7. 68MOPAR

I didn't ask him who did the conversion.

8. 68MOPAR

As removing the top affects the rigidity of the body, what does DTC do to enhance stability?

9. Maxedwell

Maxedwell Member

Not sure what, if anything, was done. I’ve also seen a convertible for sale at a car show - it was an RT and they wanted $55k - but this was about 7 years ago. They could do subframe connectors or strut tower braces in the engine compartment to help with flex.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  10. Cloverdale

Cloverdale Full Access Member

Despite factory design compensation for roof removal on my C4 it handled awful when removed compared to feeling like it was on rails when not.