Jack Points

Discussion in 'Challenger DIY/Tech Info' started by SRT-Tom, Jan 16, 2012.

Car Parts
  1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

I know there has been some confusion over the proper jack points for our cars.

Here's a diagram from the factory service manual showing the proper locations.

The forward lift points are on the frame rails, about 24" in from the rocker moldings, and is easy to see, but the rear lift points are on the rubber protrusions about 3" in, and 6" forward of the manual jack points.

A word of caution. If you miss the rear points, you can damage the fuel tank and / or rocker moldings, which raises another issue about all of the cracked rocker moldings many members have been complaining about.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  2. walnetto

walnetto Full Access Member

Those are the points I use with my floor jack. Then I lower to jack stands where the scissor jack would go. I have a small floor jack. Some who have a large or wide floor jack can not fit the jack stand next to the floor jack, so for the rear, they have to use a different spot next to the wheel. (I don't know the correct name for it.)

3. popeye304

popeye304 New Member

Factory Service Manual

How does one get a factory service manual? I was told, there is no service manual for the general public.

4. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012