Key Fob Programming for 2015 Challenger?

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by B5blueRT, Jun 11, 2022.

1. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

The spare key fob for my 2015 Challenger died the other day. No warning or message that the battery was getting low. Being the spare, it wasn't dropped or misused. It will not do any of the functions.
    I replaced the 3 volt battery with a new one and insured the metal tangs were bent out so good connections were made. Also cleaned the tangs for good insurance. I confirmed polarity was correct. Still nothing works with it.
    I found a site that gives steps on reprogramming the fob and it stated for a 2015 Challenger but another site said it has to be reprogrammed by a lock smith or dealer.
    I didn't want to attempt this thinking it might screw up the programming of the other fob that does work unless I can verify the owner can do it.
    Does anyone know for sure? I have the five button remote, panic, lock, unlock, remote start and trunk release.

2. Cloverdale

Cloverdale Full Access Member

Think you may still have a fob battery issue. Check voltage? Try new battery in fob that works? Try battery from fob that works in spare fob?

3. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

Yes, I checked the voltage of the new battery, its 3.2 volts. The one I took out measured 2.88 volts.