Lookin for Leather

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by B-laze187, Aug 29, 2020.

1. B-laze187

B-laze187 New Member

Hey guys.

New to the group and I'm lookin to add some leather to my Challenger.

Anyone here ever get Katzkin leather seats? If so, did you like them?

I found this page on their website and they have pretty good reviews but I want to get some opinions on them. https://katzkin.com/what-do-you-drive/dodge-challenger-leather-seats/

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

2. Katshot

Katshot Full Access Member

I did Katzkin years ago. Looked factory and seemed to be high quality. Of course I only had the car for 2 years but while I had it I was pleased with it.

3. 2017 Redline HC

2017 Redline HC 2021 Durango RT

Welcome to the site B-laze. What are you driving?
    No experience with Katzkin but have heard good things.

4. Gregory Cooper

Gregory Cooper Full Access Member

I just had Katzkin installed September 3rd, 2020. I chose Katzkin because I had experience with the product in another vehicle and Katzkin works with the auto manufacturers directly. I am in the automotive business and have many contacts. I had graphics put on the hood that are carbon fiber pattern and wanted to do carbon fiber red centers and black carbon fiber on the bolsters on my seats. The carbon fiber pattern is offered in the Exotics line for Katzkin. I worked with my contact at a Dodge dealer and it was a long process. The Exotics aren't available in a complete seat. Only in panels on the seat so that idea went away. I thought we could do the Suedeskin. But that option isn't available for 2 tone for the head rest. I ended up going with basic leather, red centers and dark graphite on the outer portions. They look great to say the least. I had the covers installed by a car builder I know. You can't go wrong with Katzkin. I was surprised that the package came with a center console cover also. I highly suggest working with a Dodge dealer so they can call Katzkin to get exactly what you want. I didn't find the Katzkin site user friendly. I don't believe there is anywhere on the site that will guide you as to what you may want and what options they truly offer.
    I live in the Boise area so if you are ever in the area or somewhat close, let me know and I will show you what I have had done.
    If you have a contact at a Dodge dealer, he can save you a lot of money on the cost.
    I hope this post helps you in your decision.

5. 70-426_10-SRT

70-426_10-SRT B&E body lover

(Pic Deleted) Sorry wrong Site :)

When my Wife bought her NEW Jeep Grand Cherokee
    the only thing she didn't like the little Air Vent HOLES in the Leather.

So before she took it off the lot, the Dealer took it to an OFF-SITE shop and had it replaced. LOOKS Factory, but much better leather. Color Matches perfectly with the doors and rear seat.

Believe it or not, you CAN get the Dealer to work with you if you say it's a Deal Breaker and start to walk away.

6. TRCM

TRCM Full Access Member

WHAT ??

The only vehicles with the holes in the leather have ventilated seats....how does that work now ??

7. Katshot

Katshot Full Access Member

Took the words right out of my mouth.