Low mileage & garage queen owners. Question.

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Maintenance' started by NC20RT, Aug 3, 2021.

1. tjfrombama

tjfrombama Full Access Member

Mine has been garage kept since 2011. It has about 20K miles on it. Zero issues with plastic. Can't speak about the sunroof because it is gone now... ;)

NC20RT likes this.
  2. Wizard of Iz

Wizard of Iz Full Access Member

Exactly! I don't think non-Challenger owners realize how big these cars are. I mean, they're not like washing a '68 Sedan de Ville ... but they're a heckuva lot bigger than most of the cars I've owned.

Oh ... I still enjoy spending a full-treatment-day a couple of times each year. It's kind of fun to break out the clay bar, and the buffer, and the compound, and the polish, and the wax.

It's just that what took 4 hours at 45 now takes 6 to 8 hours at 62. And a complete two-bucket wash in the driveway that used to take 30 - 45 minutes now takes at least an hour. Dang back! My mom was right ... I shouldn't have played sandlot football.

My '15 Challenger was my daily driver all of 2018 so it's seen plenty of rain and mud. But now that I have a choice ... I keep it clean if/when I can.

But if I'm out and about and happened to get caught in the rain ... I don't lose my "stuff."

B5blueRT, NC20RT and 70-426_10-SRT like this.