Mod Update

Discussion in 'Challenger Exterior Modifications Forum' started by Hopslayer, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Hopslayer

Hopslayer Full Access Member

My father passed away in August. A few weeks ago I found out he left me some money. I thought about upgrading from my V6 Challenger, but since my dad saw the V6, I decided to keep it and make some upgrades.

I had bought some new lug nuts, caliper covers and some stick on hood pins over the winter that I have not installed yet because I need to drive mine this winter and it’s cold here in Minnesota.

With the additional money, I will be getting new rims and tires, LED intake ring lights, and the Mopar Hood Pin kit.

The new tires will be 275/40/20s on the front with 315/35/20s on the rear. I’m getting the wheels from Merrick Motorsports, and will be running Nitto Invo tires.

I am also removing the decals I added to the car and painting on the exact same thing while adding a red pinstripe to match the caliper covers.

It’s going to be a couple more months before I can get everything done, but I think I will be pretty happy with the results. Just thought I’d share.

9CE8C8BF-319C-4A37-8149-BE0CC29A7226.jpeg

Chops and jbitter_99 like this.
  2. jbitter_99

jbitter_99 New Member

Sorry about you father. The car looks great and he would be proud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chops and Hopslayer like this.
  3. LeRoy

LeRoy Member

My condolences on your loss. Can't wait to see the finished product which I'm sure he would be proud of.

4. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

I think you made the right decision to upgrade the your SXT since that's the car your father saw. The red accents will really make it pop. I'm sure you'll post some photos when done.

5. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

wish my dad was around to see my first one which was a SE challenger, but now I have the RT and in reality he wouldn't be impressed, he wasn't a real car guy. he was a retired first Sargent in the army with 28 1/2 years in.... but as long as it got you to point A and back, that was all that counted, he told me the golden rule of owning a car.,.... take care of your car and your car will take care of you.

6. Hopslayer

This is a mock up of what I want to do. It doesn’t look very good here, but you get the idea. Red stripes that will match the caliper covers will be outlined in black. The black would be thicker than the picture shows.

C18BFAC8-A442-4FCE-8B72-9C0DDE757925.jpeg

Chops likes this.
  7. Chops

Chops Active Member

Really sorry to hear about your dad's passing. I lost a very dear friend also in August of last year to complications from Parkinson's Disease. I had lived with & took care of her for 10yrs (had known her for the better part of my life), & although I didn't lose an actual parent, our relationship had grown so close that we were more like mother & son than friends. My friend wasn't able to have children during her life, & upon her passing she left me a considerable inheritance, which made it possible to buy my R/T & do the projects I have done to "make it mine".
    I think that was a good idea as well to keep the car that your dad knew while alive. Your mock-up looks pretty sweet, I'm sure it will look even better when completed, & I'll bet your dad would be proud. My friend & I shared a common interest in cars, & I'm sure she would have loved my Chally.
    I bought & installed those red "Challenger" caliper covers too, & they do look good. The red of the caliper covers is a really good match to my '14 TorRed R/T. I think they'll look great on your car, especially with the pinstriping you plan on doing.
    Take care brother.

Hopslayer likes this.
  8. Hopslayer

Thanks Chops. Can’t wait to get some warm weather so I can begin my projects. I had to drive my Challenger this winter, but won’t have to from now on. I think I might be the only person who drove a Challenger when it was -34 degrees out.

D449A2AE-5607-4D7A-A810-A2DE8EB5FEA8.png

B5blueRT likes this.
  9. ZEN357

ZEN357 Full Access Member

Sorry about your loss. I know what you are going thru. I lost my Father about a year and a half ago. He fought a blood disease for 14 years. It was the hardest thing I have ever done walking into his hospital room and telling him it was okay to go.

Hopslayer likes this.
  10. Tatt2Jack

Tatt2Jack Full Access Member

Condolences on ur loss.

You'll want to keep the (rear) tire height as close to stock as possible. You'll LOVE the look, but HATE the loss of performance! I did, I switched back to stock (height) sized, but a little wider, tires. Unless ... you change the gearing, because THAT'S what you're doing when you add taller tires (acts like Taller Gears) and also sucking up HP with heavier tires/rims. Of course, this doesnt matter if ur priority is more Show than Go. Everybody's tastes are different and that's GOOD. I just wanted to remind ya that there are trade offs when it comes to "altering" the Drive Train. My future plans are getting LOWER gears, 3.73 or 3.92, installed (if, or once, that occurs I'll Post) because this Fall we got a good Touring vehicle for my Wife so we won't be using the SXT for long Road Trips.

Hopslayer likes this.